To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Continuing confusion about Subscription and License versions

Options
mikebore
mikebore
Community Member

From the number of threads every day I am sure Agilebits don't need me to tell them that new (and some experienced) users continue to be confused. People purchase a full license but also take out a 30 day subscription.

All I can suggest is that this implies something is wrong with the purchase process to allow this to happen so frequently.

I suspect it is something to do with the fact that Agilebits really wants everyone to be on be on subscription so makes it very easy to sign up.

After 10 years with a full license I have switched to the subscription model and have no regrets (so far).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

My own feeling is that it is something to do with the language AgileBits chose. I am sure it could (and should, in my opinion) be changed, but maybe this is more work than it seems to be.

The word "account" seems confusing to me (and to many people). AgileBits use it to mean a subscription, but users often regard it as a synonym for licence, so they make the wrong choice in the initial setup.

I agree with you that a sub makes the most sense for new users, and can be very well worth it even for old-time users.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

I think you are probably right about the problem entering on the word "account". Lots of software requires creation of an account, just to buy a license. With 1P it specifically means the subscription not the license model.

• Hi @mikebore - I'm so happy to hear the new account is working out for you :-) Fantastic news! I apologize for the confusion. We're definitely working hard to improve the user experience so the feedback from you and @danco is very much appreciated.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us and share your experience. Have a nice weekend :+1:

This discussion has been closed.