To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Frozen 1Password account

wendy_76
wendy_76
Community Member

Last week I bought the 1Password app €9,99 after a try-out period of one month.
I can reach my saved passwords, but I am not able to add new ones. If I try to do this a message pops up that my account is frozen. Can someone help me?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It would help if you can give the platform you are on and the version of 1PW.

At a guess (and it is only a guess from the info you have given) you got the iOS version from the iOS App Store and then paid for the Pro additions as an in-app purchase.

And what seems to be happening is that you tried out the subscription service but did not pay for a subscription, which is why the account is frozen.

You have the option to continue with the subscription and pay for it. This will give you 1PW on all platforms for as long as you subscribe. I am not quite sure if you can get a refund for your payment (it's really up to Apple, though AgileBits do like to help customers if they can), but the Pro features are included in the sub.

Or you can go with the old version, in which case (following my guess) you only have the iOS version with the Pro features. In that acse, you would need to do some work to move your data into the stand-alone vault (a one-time job, not difficult, but I will leave details to others).

If you are only using iOS, particularly if on only one machine, you may not feel the sub is worthwhile. If you work cross-platform (Mac + iOS, for instance) the sub is probably worth it. See https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for more info.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wendy_76 - I just wanted to chime in on what danco said and verify his assumption: You did indeed sign up for a subscription account in January and the trial period ended recently. To continue using the subscription, you'll need to add a credit card to your account. If you bought the Pro features as an in-app purchase, please contact us and I'll be happy to see what we can do about that. When you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

In case you decide not to continue using the subscription account, you'll need to move your data out of the account, as danco mentioned.

• wendy_76
    wendy_76
    Community Member

Danco, Roman
    Thanks!! Not sure what I did/bought, but I will check this and get back to you.

• Hi @wendy_76 - Keep us posted and we'll be more than happy to assist you :-) Talk to you soon.

• wendy_76
    wendy_76
    Community Member

Hi all,

I removed my account and added my passwords into a stand-alone vault. Everything works fine now! Since I'm not planning on using 1Password on multiple devices, I won't need the subscription account I guess?

• wendy_76
    wendy_76
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Hi @wendy_76 - The decision is completely up to you. We're just happy you're using 1Password. There are a couple of differences even if you just plan on using 1Password on one device. You want to make sure you set up a sync method using Dropbox or iCloud -
    https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#sync-it-yourself-with-icloud-or-dropbox

Also with our standalone license, you won't be able to view your data on the web. Make sure you are also set up to create backups. One of the nice benefits of using a 1Password.com account, is we take care of all the syncing and backups for you :-)

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.