To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Running two password management programs on the same computer

Options
JonrCA
JonrCA
Community Member

Thank you for taking a look at my issue today.

I have a group of staff members that are using a mix of other password management programs for personal passwords and we're rolling out 1Password for the company. These folks want to keep using Keepass, Dashlane, etc for their personal logins and only use 1Password for work related logins... all on the same computer. Mostly Macs (OSX Yosemite and up), but a few Windows 7/8.1 systems.

This seems like having two anti-virus programs running on a single machine, but am reaching out to you to ask if this can be done with minimal pain and conflict.

Thanks so much, Jon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JonrCA - Great question and I'll do my best to help. Yes, you can keep using all the password managers but it may result in conflicts or confusion. Have you considered trying out 1Password full-time? I would ultimately recommend choosing one password manager going forward since it will be much easier for everyone within the company. Keep us posted if you have any further questions, we're always happy to help out :-)

This discussion has been closed.