To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question concerning Software Licenses with attachment

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Hi I have some Software Licenses with attached license files copied over from the classic 1Password Vault into the 1Password.com vault. As the online vault does not support classic attachments, the Software License has been separated into a license item and a document item. The license item says "Related items" and lists the former attachement as "Imported Attachment".
But I cannot open or download the license file from here. When I click in the license item onto the attachment placeholder, nothing happens. I have to search for the document item and there I can download the actual attachment.

The way it is now, I have no way telling which license file belongs to which license item.

Is this working as intended? Shouldn't there be a relation between license item and document item?

1Password Version: 6.4.376d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner - Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the troubles during the migration. Our new 1Password.com accounts don't support linked items when migrating items over from your Primary vault.

The only way to re-link the items currently is using 1Password on a Mac. As of right now linked items are not supported on 1Password for Windows. Documents have to be downloaded as they are not cached. On your Mac, if you edit an item then click on "link existing" you will be able to choose a document from the list or you can search for it. But the only way to view linked items is using 1Password on the Mac, it will not update via the web or for Windows.

Sorry for not having a better answer here at the moment. I appreciate your feedback and again sorry for the troubles. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Frank
    thank you for your explanation. Just to be sure, is 1P for Windows not supporting this YET or will this support not come at all?

• Hi @Manaburner - It's not supported at the moment on Windows. I'm too sure if this feature will eventually make it's way over to 1Password for Windows to be completely honest. The Windows Team is pretty busy at the moment concentrating on fine tuning the user experience. I will however make sure to share your feedback and feature request with the team. I hope you have a great weekend and let us know if there is anything else you would like to see within 1Password. We're always happy to help and listen :-)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Frank

thank you. Windows is, at least currently, not my prime operating system, so this is not that big of a deal. But I still think this feature is needed, so Windows users not feel "left behind". :-)

I also hope you're having a great weekend.

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Manaburner - You're very welcome. It's a legacy feature so I'm not too sure. I find it handy on the Mac myself. The issue is syncing the data and keeping the items intact and linked across all the clients - Mac, Window, iOS, and Android.

Again, I will make sure to add your +1 vote to the request :-) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.