1Password Accounts and Third Party Sync

Retty
Retty
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Lounge

I bought 1Password for Mac at full price and I quite liked the design and basic functionality.

Reluctantly and after months of frustration, I've abandoned 1Password for a competing product.

The reason: the lack of cross platform cloud sync. iCloud integration is great but isn't available on Android or Windows. Dropbox is flaky and unfriendly.

It's pretty clear, for whatever reason, that 1Password isn't going to introduce a Google Drive based folder service for cross platform use. This is a real shame and a decision that renders 1Password pretty close to useless for my needs and, I'm guessing, the needs of a fair few other people.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Do look at the subscription service. Yes, I know there are good reasons why many people do not like subscriptions (not to mention that you have already paid upfront), but if you are expecting to pay for a different program, you might as well try for this option.

The subscription does come with a 30-day free trial.

I believe the sub is the way to go for new users of 1PW, and even old-established users like myself may well find it worthwhile.

For more info see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

• Vaurion
    Vaurion
    Community Member

I'm coming to the same conclusion. The price is ridiculous just to have a password manager, and the new subscription service barely has any new features, nonetheless ones that are actually needed by me.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I've used Dropbox for syncing and never had an issue with it. What issues are you having?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, I wouldn't call Dropbox "flaky", but I can appreciate that it is a bit technical and not everyone wants to deal with sync configuration — especially with multiple vaults across many devices. That's actually a big part of why we developed 1Password.com in the first place: most users want sync that "just works", and of course if it doesn't now we can fix it. Not everyone enjoys fiddling with computers as much as we do. :blush:

If you were having trouble migrating to 1Password.com for any reason and still hoping to make it work for you, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can help.

• ChicagoJoe
    ChicagoJoe
    Community Member

I've been syncing via folder on Box on 2 Macs and 2 Windows VMs and haven't had any problems. Not sure what other's problems are.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChicagoJoe: I definitely run into conflicts sometimes, but I think that usually has more to do with network issues than something I'd blame Dropbox for.

This discussion has been closed.