I pressed sync button and nothing happened

I pressed sync button and nothing happened on the screen.
Is this mean that data transmission to the servers is not happened?
I don't want to do that and I want to know what happened.

[Details]

• I don't set any accounts such as 1Password account, Dropbox account, OneDrive account on 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1ttt,

Thanks for writing in.

We don't have a sync button in 1Password 6, do you mean the sync menu option for the local vault via the Settings > Account & Vaults submenu?

How did you originally open the vault in 1Password 6 since it requires an existing vault to use?

• 1ttt
    1ttt
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Hi, @MikeT,
    Thank you for responding.

do you mean the sync menu option for the local vault via the Settings > Account & Vaults submenu?

Yes.

How did you originally open the vault in 1Password 6 since it requires an existing vault to use?

I have a Mac version and I imported vault from that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1ttt: Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the confusion. The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app only has full support for 1Password.com Accounts. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

There isn't any way to edit or sync local vaults in 1Password 6 automatically. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• 1ttt
    1ttt
    Community Member

@brenty @MikeT
    Thank you for the information about 1Password .com. I'll consider about that.

I want to know about one more thing.
    No data was transmitted to anywhere in the following situation, right?

I pressed sync button and nothing happened on the screen.
    Is this mean that data transmission to the servers is not happened?
    I don't want to do that and I want to know what happened.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@1ttt:

Local vaults in 1Password 6 for Windows are supported in read-only mode. That button in Settings > Account & Vaults submenu syncs changes from your Dropbox vault, not to it. If you imported your local vault and didn't set up anything (account/Dropbox sync), I don't think that anything happened, when you pressed that button.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions, feel free to raise them. :) Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1ttt: Just to clarify, 1Password 6 cannot sync any data from local vaults in the app. That capability does not exist currently. The Sync button syncs changes to a local vault from your other devices (it's just re-reading the vault). And a bit beside the point, but just to be clear, even when 1Password can sync your data, it is always encrypted with your Master Password before anything is sent. That way even if someone is intercepting your traffic, only you ever have the keys to decrypt it. Cheers! :)

• 1ttt
    1ttt
    Community Member

@Greg @brenty
    Thank you for the detailed explanations!
    Now I understand the mechanisms of 1Password6 and what happened.
    Thank you so much All. :)

• You're most welcome, @1ttt,

Please don't hesitate to let us if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.