editing notes

mswhiz
mswhiz
Community Member

After editing one of the secure notes, I click "done," but the change is not shown on the note when the app is opened later. Also, the data is backed up to iCloud & after backing up, the change does not show on the note. After editing a note, what else has to be done to SAVE the edit? If I go back into the note to edit, I see the previous edit, but it doesn't appear when the note is closed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:editing files on 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mswhiz: That's a new one for me. Clicking "Done" when you're finished should be all that you need to do to save the changes. It almost sounds as if 1Password isn't able to write the changes to disk for some reason. This part confuses me though:

If I go back into the note to edit, I see the previous edit, but it doesn't appear when the note is closed.

That sounds like you are seeing the changes you made last, but they show up when you try to edit it again. Is that correct? Are you seeing this with a specific note, or does it happen with a brand new note you create as well? Maybe you can create a test item and post screenshots of what you're describing. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

And be sure to tell us the OS, 1Password, and device version you're using, and the exact steps you're taking. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.