Feature Request - One-Time Passwords from email account item on Apple Watch

Options
khorton
khorton
Community Member

I'm using Google's Two Step Verification to secure my Gmail account. All the Gmail account details are included in an "Email Account" item in 1Password, including the One-Time Password item that provides Google's Two Step Verification code. I'd like to push that One-Time Password item to my Apple Watch, but alas this is not possible. I've had to create a duplicate Gmail entry as a Login type item.

Please allow any One-Time Password items to be selected for use on Apple Watch, no matter what type of item they are found in.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1/watchOS 3.1.3
Sync Type: Bluetooth
Referrer: forum-search:apple watch one time password feature request

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@khorton: It's certainly something we can consider, especially as we add support for more types of data in 1Password for Apple Watch. But you may want to consider using a Login item for your Gmail account, for a couple of reasons:

1. Login items you add to Apple Watch will display the TOTP code (if present) there.
    2. Login items can be filled in the browser on your Mac and iOS devices; Email Account items cannot.

After all, you login to your email account, and having 1Password help with this in your browser is pretty nice. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.