Cannot sync my 1Password.com account after importing data

System
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: cannot sync between windows and my iphone.

Comments

• mamamick
    mamamick
    Community Member

Hi there
    I am having the exact same problem. Can I do these steps as well? I'm going to try because I'd like to get this up and running today (if anyone is there today).
    Thank you!

• Hi @mamamick,

Yes, please do. Keep in mind that WLAN sync is not supported between 1Password 6 for Windows and iOS. 1Password 6 only supports 1Password.com service.

• mamamick
    mamamick
    Community Member

Hi Mike
    Thanks for helping! At this point, I have reset my password on 1password.com, but after following the instructions of renaming my "data" file to "back-up data"-the vaults that I wanted to delete are still there. I am so frustrated! I think where I screwed up is by trying to begin on my iPhone. I was able to set up iCloud sync but understand now that my windows apps (desktop and Chrome browser) won't sync there. My iPhone and browser are blank slates right now because I deleted them both for the moment. I want to get the web version and the desktop on track first. All this because I imported my Lastpass passwords twice! I followed all those directions....strawberry perl, command lines. geesh! Please help!
    ***I am going to forward the data from 1password 6 now to the separate email you mentioned above.

• Hi @mamamick,

That's not related to the topic here, your issue is entirely different. Please email us directly and we'll help you resolve this.

• mamamick
    mamamick
    Community Member

You are right! I just scrolled up and I swear there was another person who commented that said "I think I set up my account wrong when I started"....
    and his was also about a syncing issue between Windows and IOS. I apologize. I'm not sure how I confused the two threads. Anyway, I sent the email. I can also call. Should I call for faster assistance? If so, what is the number to call?

• mamamick
    mamamick
    Community Member

This is the right thread. I still think this is TOTALLY related. It is almost the same problem. The difference: I just imported passwords into my web version. I'll send another more detailed email now. So when someone other than you opens it, they understand my issue. I looked an saw that email is my only option. I just keep getting more and more upset as I type. I'm about to re-subscribe to Lastpass and ask for a refund from 1Password

• Hi @mamamick,

I'm sorry that you are getting upset and we are here to help but we need time to review your report before we can do anything. This is not a real-time support chat room, it is a forum and we go through a queue to help everyone.

I've split your posts into its own thread. The original thread was a person who was using WLAN (home network local wireless sync) sync, which is not related to 1Password.com because 1Password.com service and 1Password 6 for Windows do not use WLAN sync, they're entirely different experiences.

I've found your email and we'll follow up as soon as we finish reviewing your diagnostics report.

ref: ZDM-97454-293

This discussion has been closed.