Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

It would be nice to not have it lock every time my computer locks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @burn123 that's a good suggestion, I'll add it to our todo list. Thank you!

• tylex
    tylex
    Community Member

Yes that would be great!

• Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you as well.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

1Password beta does not lock when my computer locks already, as long as under Options->Security->Auto-lock the checkbox "Lock when switching session" is unchecked. Instead it relies just on the timer. I use this every day and it's pretty consistent.

• Hi @dszp,

Good catch, the setting applies to all session changes, just not computer lock. We just want to expand the options, so that you can choose when it shouldn't lock, like do not lock when the computer lock but do lock when sleep. I try to lock the computer when I leave the room for short breaks at home, I don't want 1Password app locked when I come back. However, if it goes into sleep, I do want it locked.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MikeT Yeah it seems to be a global setting and never locks until the timeout occurs regardless of due to sleep, lock, etc. (unless a reboot causes the app to restart, of course), I agree I'd like to have sleep lock 1Password and screen locks not do so, but at the moment I was just pointing out that there is an option to NOT lock when the computer does, and it does work :-)

• Yep, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.