Vivaldi: 1Passwords fills fine but never submits...

Options

1Password works with my Vivaldi browsers in that it fills the fields just fine, but it doesn't submit the form, ever.

1Password Version: 4.6.0 BETA-606
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro v1511 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChopOMatic: I just tried this as well with a similar setup, and was able to have 1Password fill and submit on several sites. Could you give an example of one you're having trouble with? Also, make sure that you have autosubmit enabled in the extension (under Settings), and make sure you haven't disabled autosubmit in specific items as well (by editing their details in the app). Alternatively, it may be that some "security" software or extension is interfering, so disabling those temporarily should help narrow down the cause. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• ChopOMatic
    ChopOMatic
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried Amazon, Facebook, and Start.me. All filled in, none submitted.

Auto-submit is enabled in both the extension and the main app (for 1Password).

I did these tests with AVG temporarily disabled, and with it running normally.

I looked at the stored logins for each of the sites and see no settings related to auto-submit at the individual login level.

I tried the three sites in Firefox and Chrome; 1P works perfectly, fills and submits.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ChopOMatic,

Are you pressing the 1Password icon or are you using the shortcut, Control + \?

I notice that if I click on the 1Password icon, it doesn't submit but if I use the keyboard shortcut, it does submit. Can you confirm it's the same for you?

• ChopOMatic
    ChopOMatic
    Community Member
    Options

The icon. (I always forget what the shortcut is, LOL.)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ChopOMatic,

So, am I correct if you use the shortcut, it submits the form correctly?

• ChopOMatic
    ChopOMatic
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, in Vivaldi, the extension populates the login fields but does not submit. The hotkey combo does nothing whatsoever.

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @ChopOMatic,

If the shortcut doesn't work, than it is a bigger problem than just submitting.

I'd like you to send us your diagnostics report from 1Password but first, reproduce the problem with both the keyboard shortcut and the submit in Vivaldi to generate any logs we can collect.

After that, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• ChopOMatic
    ChopOMatic
    Community Member
    Options

I stand corrected. Today the hotkey works fine AND it submits properly. The non-functioning auto-submit is solely when accessing the login via the extension's little icon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChopOMatic: Weird. Thanks for following up. Are you sure that Vivaldi is up to date? Is there another app or extension that may be interfering? I'm able to have 1Password submit the login forms here using either the button or hotkey, and the fact that the behaviour you originally reported has changed as well leads me to suspect some software issue on the machine. Definitely try restarting Windows. If you're still having trouble, be sure to follow Mike's instructions above to send us diagnostic information.

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

@brenty I can reproduce the same issue with the latest version, so I'll follow up with the team.

@ChopOMatic, since I can reproduce it, you don't have to follow up with the diagnostics report.

I can also reproduce it on macOS, so it is not limited to the Windows version of 1Password.

• ChopOMatic
    ChopOMatic
    Community Member
    Options

Roger roger, guys. Standing by...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks again for reporting this! I'm glad we were able to track it down. :) :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

Just to follow up, we believe this is an issue within Vivaldi. When you click on the 1Password icon, we try to submit but the focus has been shifted away from the web page, so we can't send in the enter key. This is a different behavior from other browsers, so we'll keep investigating and maybe follow up with Vivaldi to see if they can help us with this.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I've just changed over to Vivaldi after hearing such great things about it and it's been great. I'm going to move over to it from Firefox but i've been having the same problem with 1Password not auto-submitting from the button.

It take it nothings changed since last year? Would you be able to work with Vivaldi to get this fixed do you think?

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @reck,

Correction: This is still an issue with Vivaldi, we'll follow up with them to see if we can make progress on this.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Mike I take it this will be fixed in an upcoming version 4 update and not specific to version 6?

Thanks.

• Hi @reck,

Sorry, I got that mixed up. 1Password 4 doesn't have the submit bug at all, that's only limited to 1Password 6, which has been fixed already in the upcoming 1Password 6.4 update. However, the fact that it doesn't work in 1Password 4 suggests that it may be still Vivaldi. I'll double check.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Please do. I've already posted back in the Vivaldi forum saying that its a bug in 1Password and not to worry about it. If there's still an issue with Vivaldi I need to go back and amend what I said.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @reck,

What's the link to the forum thread, we'll like to clarify it there if we could.

I can confirm the focus is taken away as soon as we fill, so we can't submit with 1Password 4 or 6 on Windows.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

This is the thread I started a couple of days ago Mike: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/14583/1password-doesn-t-auto-submit

• Great, thanks, we'll reply there as soon as we can.

• I've updated my post to correct my mistake, I've got this issue mixed up with a different related one.

Let me clarify this:

1. Submit works fine if you use "Control + \" shortcut, this is true for 1Password 4 and the upcoming 1Password 6.4 update with the submit fix.
    2. Clicking on the 1Password extension icon in Vivaldi will take the focus away from the form's fields, preventing us from sending in the enter key. Thus, this is still an issue with Vivaldi on both Windows and macOS platforms.

We'll follow up again with Vivaldi to see if we can get a better approach at this.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Great Mike. Hopefully between you and the Vivaldi guys we can get a fix.

• Hi @reck,

I just saw the reply in that thread, I'll ask our extension team to file a more detailed bug report there.

This discussion has been closed.