1Password Alpha not available in App store? [Windows 10]

aaamit_ziv
aaamit_ziv
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hey, i just started using 1Password and wanted to move my whole family onto the platform.
As i understand it, 1Password Families is only available for the 1Password Alpha and not for the regular desktop app (?).

Anyhow, i can't download the Alpha from the windows 10 appstore. It says that it "is not available right now".

1. There is no support for the regular desktop app (1Password 6)?
  2. How can i download the version that does support Families?
  3. When having a Family plan, does it mean that we have only 1 Master password used for everyone? Or is having a Family plan means that our single accounts are connected to one another and we can share stuff between?
    Thanks!

btw I am from Israel.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @aaamit_ziv,

Thanks for writing in.

As I understand it, 1Password Families is only available for the 1Password Alpha and not for the regular desktop app (?).

1Password 6 for Windows desktop fully supports all 1Password.com plans including 1Password Families. You can actually find all 1Password.com supported apps if you sign into your 1Password.com account in your browser using Firefox or Chrome and click on your account name on top right to select Get the Apps. On this page, you get a list of all 1Password apps and a barcode on the right side, this will allow you to quickly sign into the app by scanning or dropping the barcode in 1Password 6.

Install 1Password for Windows from that page or directly here and when you open 1Password 6 on your PC, drag the barcode from the Get the Apps page into the 1Password 6's window, it'll auto-fill most of your credentials except for your master password.

As for 1Password Alpha, that was an early Windows 8.1 Mobile app that we were building that didn't work out, so we've switched to the Universal Windows 10 Platform app instead, which is not available for new customers just yet. This is coming in the near future but the desktop version shares the same codebase with it.

When having a Family plan, does it mean that we have only 1 Master password used for everyone? Or is having a Family plan means that our single accounts are connected to one another and we can share stuff between?

The latter, it means you can invite family members onto a unified 1Password Families membership where each family members can easily share their data with each other or they don't have to share and just have their own private vault. Each family member will have their own private Personal vault and a family Shared vault that will be shared with all family members.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

• aaamit_ziv
    aaamit_ziv
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Hi @MikeT, thanks for the answer.
    So say i opened a new (free) single account, and now i buy the family plan. Do i need to pay for the single account as well as the family plan?
    What is the difference between the "Family" and "Team" plans?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@aaamit_ziv: There are no free 1Password accounts, all of them are subscription-based.

As Mike noted above, you will get a private Personal vault with your Families account, so there is no need to have an Individual account in addition to Families account. I am using Families account myself and it is very convenient. :)

Families and Teams are not plans, but different account types. 1Password Teams account is not intended to be used in a family – it is designed for companies. You can learn more about them on our website:

1Password Families

1Password Teams

If I managed to confuse you even more, please tell me about it. I will be happy to help. ;)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.