To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

loading 1password on my ipad. it wont accept my licence key in the account key section. Help

Sono59
Sono59
Community Member

I cannot find an account key anywhere. I have checked online and have checked all the places you recommend but still cannot find. I tried the licence key but it says Account key invalid. Please help.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to put 1password on my ipad it wont accept my licence key

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sono59 - Thanks for getting in touch. Please note, that a license key and an Account Key are not the same thing. An Account Key is part of what's needed to log in to a 1Password.com account for subscribers. It looks like you don't have a subscription account, so I'm assuming you bought a 1Password license key for your desktop/laptop computer at some point in the past. In that case, the license key is not needed to set up the iPad version. Instead of trying to log in to a 1Password account - which you don't have as a license holder - please use one of the other options on the Welcome screen.

In case you have been using 1Password on your computer only up to this point, and want to use the same data on both devices, you'll need to set up sync. This is a bit of a technical process. If you're comfortable with that kind of thing, you can find instructions here. In case you like something that 'just works', you might want to check out our 1Password subscription offering. It syncs right out of the box and has a ton of other great features. It comes with a 30-day trial, so you can take it through its paces to see if it's for you. :)

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member

We actually have a family licence and we use one password on our computers and our phones, so we are already syncing to dropbox. I don't understand what you mean by 'please use one of the other options on the Welcome screen.' There is no other option other than 'start my trial' or 'already using 1Password'. We already had 1password on this ipad but it stopped working, so I deleted it and reloaded, now i just want to log in but it wont let me without an account. Feeling confused still!!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@Sono59 - On the Welcome screen under 'already using 1Password' you will find an option to set up 1Password with your existing Dropbox data:

The screen is from the iPhone, but on the iPad it will look similar.

I hope this helps!

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member

Hi. My ipad
    mini has a different screen and doesn't give me those options. See attached.

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member

I deleted the old 1password on my ipad mini and reloaded it from the app store but there is no screen showing options, like you mentioned above.

• Hi @Sono59 - I believe if you hit the "back" button (as shown in your screenshot) on the top left corner you will see the same options @Roman mentioned previously. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member

Hi Frank, Here is the welcome screen showing you that the options you spoke of are not possible!

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member

I cannot see any option for syncing to dropbox or anywhere else.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@Sono59 - Ah, I see, that's unfortunate: You'll need to scroll down to see the other options:

This discussion has been closed.