Article on Techlicious

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

A recent article on Techlivious http://www.techlicious.com/guide/best-password-managers/?utm_source=Techlicious+List&utm_campaign=0a15c5a95f-techliciousdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5ee95b0b14-0a15c5a95f-189149229

discusses password managers. It does not mention 1Password among its recommendations. This is probably because some of the criteria are ones that AgileBits either rejected or found unnecessary because of the design of 1PW.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: Thank you for sharing that! I'd missed it. Certainly it's a bit of a bummer to be passed over, but while we could make some changes to fit better in a list like that, or to add some more bullet points for a product comparison, ultimately I think we've made good (if controversial) decisions regarding our security architecture (and recent events make a good case for that). My only guess is that "Two-factor authentication" is why we're not there, since we've gone with a non-traditional approach. Some folks claim that traditional multifactor is the only defense against vulnerabilities in the transport layer, but that simply isn't the case...and it's threats like this that we've designed 1Password to be robust against. But even if tech reviews don't take that into consideration, I know that our customers appreciate it. Cheers! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I think you're right that two-factor is the reason 1PW is not included.

I was not concerned, as you've explained things many times, but I thought you ought to be aware of the article.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

This link below goes to a much better review - the Techlicious "review" is mostly check-list items and fluff.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-password-managers/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.