To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Additional password?

dREyhqwnp4
dREyhqwnp4
Community Member

Hi,

Is it possible to apply an additional password to access certain logins in 1password? It will be great to have this feature especially if have logins with 2FA (OTP).

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dREyhqwnp4 - Thanks for raising this question. I'm not entirely sure, though, if I understand the scenario you have in mind. Would you mind explaining this some more?

You also mentioned 2FA. You can use 1Password as an authenticator for websites that offer 2FA.

• dREyhqwnp4
    dREyhqwnp4
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Thank you @Roman for the reply. Apologies for the confusion. I have login item which contains both the username, password and OTP token for a site. Since it has all login information I would like to apply an additional password when accessing that login item, this password will be different than the account password. This extra layer of security will provide more assurance. I hope that makes sense.

• Hi @dREyhqwnp4 - Thank you for replying back to us. To make sure I'm understanding you correctly, you want to add a password to a login item that would require you to unlock the login item to access the login details for that specific website. If you could clarify or provide additional details if my understanding is not accurate :-) Keep us posted.

• dREyhqwnp4
    dREyhqwnp4
    Community Member

@Frank that is correct. I look forward to your feedback :)

• Thank you for the clarification @dREyhqwnp4 - Unfortunately it's not a feature request we're looking into implementing at the moment. I appreciate you contacting us to share your suggestion but that would complicate things. We only want our customers to have to remember 1Password so having multiple passwords to remember could result in a lot of confusion. We would also have to change the name of our software ;-) Thank you again please keep sharing your ideas and feedback with us :+1:

• dREyhqwnp4
    dREyhqwnp4
    Community Member

@Frank completely agree on the 1password methodology but if have 2FA OPT with password makes sent to have additional password to meet the original objective of 2FA. I guess way to solve have 2 vaults one for logins other for 2FA tokens :)

• Hi @dREyhqwnp4 - Thank you for providing the additional details on your use case. We appreciate the feedback. It's an interesting idea but I believe we would be making things far too complex for our users with two different types of vaults. Thank you again for letting us know about a feature you will like to see implemented into 1Password in the future. We're always more than happy to listen :-) Sorry for not having a better answer for you at the moment and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.