is there an upgrade from 6.5.2 to 6.6.1 for MacBook Pro?

Options
silberer
silberer
Community Member

Received email regarding update is there an upgrade from 6.5.2 to 6.6.1 that does not need to delete current version to be installed? I do not believe I have the problem described and I am hesitant to delete current version for fear of screwing everything up which would be a disaster.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade version 6.6 for MacBook Pro

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member
    Options

Hi silberer,

Yes, there is a new version that 1password has for all users whether you downloaded straight from the website or the mac app store.

If you have the 1password app from the mac app store then this is the fix for you.

https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

Follow this link and see the instructions.

If you only ever used the website version then just download the new version and it will automatically update everything you already have.

If you are having no issues then I guess you can proceed but 1password would probably rather you update as a preventative measure.

Cheers,

Conor

• @silberer,

You're going to need to do a manual install of 6.6.1 over your existing 6.5.2. Unfortunately the way we were verifying the downloaded package in 6.5.2's Updater will fail to directly work, thus requiring a manual update.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.