Any update on members being able to create and share their own vaults?

Hi, I have seen a few discussion threads from 2015 regarding the lack of ability for team members to create vaults and then share them as required, ie where the admins can't necessarily access the content of the vaults.

Can you give me an update on this? Is there a work-around, is it planned in the future, can individual items be shared by members from their own personal vaults? Please anything that will let my team members share items without meaning that the admins can also see those items.

Thanks,

Jenny

1Password Version: 1password for teams 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jennifer_hunn,

As it stands, you can give users the permission to create a vault, but the vault they create will be accessible by the owners. I don't believe that we have a solution for this planned out. From a technical perspective, it's really only the members of the recovery group that need access to those keys. I'm hopeful that we can find a way to expose this such that even though owners are part of the recovery group that they cannot make use of the keys for the vault outside of the context of recovery.

We've recently added a new feature in beta that may do what you need. If you enable the beta features for your team, when you're looking at an item in the web app's vault viewer, and use the share button you should get a new option : "Send copy..." Upon selecting it, you'll be asked who you want to send it to in your team. The other user will then need to login to the web to receive said item. This direct send feature sends it to the other user without needing another vault.

We're hoping to roll this feature out to the apps in the not too distant future. I believe that right now the only app that can automatically receive an item is the Mac app.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.