To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I enable Watchtower from 1password Web?

somerman
somerman
Community Member

The instructions says "select Watchtower under Security Audit" from the sidebar, but that doesn't seem to exist in 1password web, which is the primary way that I access it. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower web

Comments

• Hi @somerman - Great question. Your observation is correct. Watchtower is compatible with 1Password for Mac. We're working on a couple of ideas on how this would and should be implemented on the web version. I don't have a timeline to provide you with at the moment but it's on our roadmap. Sorry for not having a better answer at the moment but thank you for asking and letting us know this is important to you. Enjoy the rest of your day!

• teymourff
    teymourff
    Community Member

Your screen shot does not represent the product that I have on my Mac.

Watchtower is not on the side bar...so how do I enable it?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@teymourff - Watchtower needs to be enabled in the Preferences:

In case you want to learn more about how Watchtower protects your privacy, I'd like to refer you to this article.

Let me know if you need anything else! :)

• teymourff
    teymourff
    Community Member

Roman forgive me. I have been using your product for a decade and have been a loyal evangelist. I now get spooked by a poorly executed email from your CEO. And now I get this reply from you.

1. I went to the page you sent me, it talks about:
      a. Shortcuts
      b. the 1password way
      c. what we could do

2. I then click on the link...thinking there will be a video telling me how to install or turn-on or find watchtower in my preferences (I cannot find it)...instead it takes me to site called "heartbleed"...which only serves to make my heart bleed even more...

Can you baby it out for a dummy ex-Google employee with a masters degree?

Thank you

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@teymourff I'm sorry that I seem to have confused you by adding that link offering background on how Watchtower works! My apologies.

Activating Watchtower is really as easy as opening Preferences (press command-comma in 1Password) and navigating to the Watchtower tab. There check the box as shown in my screenshot and you're all done!

I hope this helps! :)

• teymourff
    teymourff
    Community Member

no reference to watchtower under preferences.
    might it be that I am running old version? Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@teymourff That's it, Watchtower is only available in the most recent version (1Password 6). If you'd be willing to update, I'd recommend setting up a 1Password membership. It's great way to stay up-to-date on all of your devices and it offers a ton of other benefits like automatic sync and password sharing (Family and Team accounts only). It's really the best way to use 1Password.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• teymourff
    teymourff
    Community Member

cool thanks.
    appreciate your patience.
    :-)

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@teymourff No worries, I'm glad we were able to clear that up. :)

This discussion has been closed.