Still shown as in trial after purchase of $64.99 license

potaufanpotaufan
edited February 2017 in Purchasing

I just purchased the $64.99 license but even after logging in and out of the 1Password application, it's still shown as I'm in Trial Mode. Did I purchase the wrong license?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

This problem catches many people (which indicates that AgileBits have not described the situation as well as they should have).

Your purchase was a stand-alone licence, but you have set up 1PW in the subscription mode.

AgileBits can help. If you bought direct from them there is a thirty-day refund option. If you bought from the Mac App Store it's trickier but they will do something.

There are a good few advantages in the subscription model, and I would recommend it for new users, but you can certainly stay with the stand-alone version.

Take a look at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest before deciding what you want to do.

• potaufanpotaufan
    edited February 2017

This is indeed very confusing. So what's the stand-alone license for? It seems that it's only for people who had a 1Password account prior to Feb, 2016. But why is it still available for purchase if this is the case?

• The DoctorThe Doctor Member
    edited February 2017

The standalone license is for those who do note want, or do not need, a 1Password account at all. The license you have makes the software fully functional without any account. You just need to determine how you want to sync your data: iCloud, Dropbox, or WiFi (not recommended by me)

The reason why you still see trial, I assume, is because you have attached a 1Password account to your software. You don't need to since you bought it.

I've been using 1P for almost 10 years and many versions. Having the two flavors (subscription and standalone) is good so long as both are always offered.

I'd suggest the Devs provide some code-traps to give additional information if someone purchases a license while under a subscription trial. It should then offer to disconnect the 1Password "account," if the user so desires.

I don't really see a use case where someone would want a subscription for a License they just bought so additional information at that point would be helpful.

• potaufanpotaufan
    edited February 2017

Is there any way to offload the passwords I have on 1Password account to iCloud and delete my 1Password account?

edit: I figured out how to migrate the data just now. :)

• son1cson1c
    edited February 2017

@The Doctor Or you don't want to put your passwords "somewhere in the internet".
    btw. give wifi sync a try, it works flawlessly for me

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @potaufan - Sorry for the confusion and I'm glad you were to get 1Password back up and running with your standalone license. Again for any confusion and let us know if you have any additional questions. Enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.