To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Assistance with basic setup questions

Whatup
Whatup
Community Member

I just downloaded the 1Password App onto my iphone and on my work computer (Windows), and I do not understand how to integrate it with my various apps. I primarily wanted this app for the password protection feature

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Basic setup questions

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Whatup - Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that! Could you please clarify what exactly it is you don't understand? What's not working as you expected it to work?

• Whatup
    Whatup
    Community Member

I primarily want to secure my password for the various apps/websites I use. Under the "Personal" section on the main page I entered my facebook credentials under "logins"... Now that it is entered, I do not understand how to proceed. It generated a password for the FB app and I saved it. However, do I simply go into the 1Password app and click on the FB wesbite in order to utilize the secure password feature? I logged out of facebook on my computer and when I logged back in, I simply used my old password, so I'm not sure how the setup under the 1Password app integrates with the various apps/websites

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@whatup - Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying this!

The best way to use 1Password is by installing our apps and the browser extensions. While it's possible to just enter login items through the web interface, it's not the most convenient way to do it.

Here's a quick rundown on how it works, once you installed both the app and the extension. I'll take Facebook as an example, as you mentioned that in your last post:

• You open the browser and navigate to the Facebook website
    • You log in as you normally do, entering your email address and password
    • Once you click Login, 1Password will prompt you to save this login data
    • Click Save and 1Password will store it in its encrypted data base

The next time you visit Facebook, just press Command‑Backslash ( \ ) to log in and you're done.

I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.