To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Two Vaults on my iPad

gbengtson
gbengtson
Community Member

I upgraded to the 1Password Membership and everything went according to plan for my Mac desktop and iPhone. However the conversion for my iPad resulted in having two vaults with all of my passwords duplicated. When I updated the iPhone it prompted me to delete one of the vaults but in the case of the iPad it didn't do that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Two vaults on my iPad

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

You can delete the old vault manually on the iPad from Settings.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@gbengtson - Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry the old vault didn't get deleted on the iPad, but @mikebore is right: you can delete the Primary vault from Settings. :)

• emelum
    emelum
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

Same problem.

"All vaults" lists a primary, and under my name a personal, and shared vault. Which one should I delete? Deleting vaults is a scary proposition. I've become very dependent on 1Password!

• emelum
    emelum
    Community Member

And how do I delete the primary vault (assuming that's the right one)? I don't see a way to delete the app in the computer application, and if I log onto the website 1password.com, it doesn't show the primary app.

The iPhone is showing double entries as well/

• Hi @emelum - Thank you for reaching out to us. You want to make sure you migrate your existing 1Password data from your Primary vault over to your new Personal vault. Once you migrate the data over, you will see the data on the web. You can check out our migrations guide here - https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data

Once the data has been migrated over you can then delete your Primary vault on both your Mac and iPhone.

On your Mac -
    Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

On your iPhone -
    Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone > Tap settings on the bottom tab > Tap Vaults > Select your Primary vault from the list then tap on "Delete Vault".

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to assist.

• emelum
    emelum
    Community Member

Thanks you. That worked. Now that I have deleted my primary vault, is my dropbox back up superfluous? Should I delete that?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@emelum You won't need your Dropbox data once you migrated your data to your 1Password account. Whether you want to delete it or keep it around as a backup for a while is something you'll need to decide. :)

This discussion has been closed.