Family Accounts via App Store Subscription

I'd like to upgrade to a family account but I can't. In the app store where I originally purchased 1Password my only option is a single user account.

When I login to 1Password and go to Billing it says the following...

"You are on the Individual Plan billing through an Apple Subscription.
Your Apple subscription is managed through your iTunes account.
To view and manage your subscription, follow these instructions."

When I go to apple my only choice is an individual plan.

How can I go about converting to a family account?

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10,12,3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:families

Comments

• Hi @Ghost_In_TheMachine,

It's awesome to hear that you're looking to upgrade to Families. It can be done, but the process is a little uglier than we'd like.

1. Before you can upgrade to Families we need you to cancel your Apple Subscription for the individual account : This apple support page explains how to do this: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039
    2. Once you've done that, you need to let us know. The best way to do that is to email us at support@agilebits.com. Our email support team is under an extremely heavy load these days, so after doing that and getting the support request id from bitbot, please post it here on the forum so that we can jump in.
    3. Once we have the confirmation from you that you've canceled your Apple Subscription, we'll need to go click a button our end to mark you as being off of it.
    4. When your account is marked as being off of Apple Subscription, you'll then be able to login to my.1password.com with your email address, account key, and password... and in the menu in the top right you'll then have "Invite People..." as an option. This will let you convert over to Families

Once you're converted to Families, you'll be able to choose if you want to pay again via Apple Subscription, or via credit card.

Rick

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

Hey Ghost,

Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of flexibility with the way Apple Subscriptions work. This change is possible, but it requires a few steps to execute it properly:

• Cancel your Apple Subscription via iTunes (it'll stay active until the end of your pay period regardless)
    • Contact support and tell them you've cancelled your apple subscription and ask them to manually force your subscription to stop on our backend (otherwise we won't notice until the renewal date). This will allow you to switch to a family account.
    • Once we've confirmed this is done, go to the web app and switch to a Family account. At the time of writing the current way to do this is to invite a family member to your account.
    • At this point you can either subscribe back to a Family subscription through Apple, or through our own billing, which has more flexibility for things like this.

There are no extra costs incurred doing this switch, though your monthly subscription total will be different afterwards.

Thanks for the question!
    Steven

• Hi @rickfillion and @ssoroka

Thank you. Here is the support ticket request [#AGS-69578-464] . The subscription is canceled. Thank you.

• @Ghost_In_TheMachine : I've replied via email and you should be set to follow the rest of the instructions.

Rick

• Wunderbär!. I got an error message though when going to Invite People

"Failed to convert account to F account" and "Unknown error: The request response is empty."

It looks like a new vault was created though.

• We'll get that figured out and email you when we know what's going on. Sorry about that.

Rick

• Awesome thank you Rick.

• You can thank me after we've actually fixed the issue. :p

Rick

• redsta417
    redsta417
    Community Member

Hello.

I've been using the App Store individual subscription. I want to change to the direct 1Password family plan. As stated earlier in this thread, I canceled the subscription from within iTunes, and sent an email support@agilebits.com.

I haven't hear back from support yet, and my App store subscription ends tomorrow (3/31/17). Can someone from Agile Bits help me here?

Thanks!

• Hi redsta417 - Thank you for letting us know :-) I was able to locate the email you sent over and I just replied back to you. Let's continue the conversation over there :+1:

ref: LYY-73359-117

This discussion has been closed.