To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Update for Apple purchases

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

One reason I held off switching to accounts was how updates would be handeled for those who purchased the apps via the MAC and App Stores. When I originally posed the question, no solution had been identified.

Any update?

The (pending?) release of 6.6 prompted me to revisit the issue. I really would not like having to switch to the agilebits store at this late stage.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rlgleason51 - Great question! You can use your existing 1Password app on your Mac with your new subscription account. You just have to add it under Preferences > Accounts then you'll be good to go :+1:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a great day!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks. I had already switched to,accounts. My question dealt with future updates.

• Hi @rlgleason51 - Ahhh ok, now we're on the same page :+1: Both 1Password in the Mac App Store and the version on our website are the same exact version of 1Password for Mac. You will be safe using either version with your new account. We update both apps and will continue to provide compatibility with our new 1Password.com accounts. I hope this helped. :-)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks. I wonder what will happen when there is a paid upgrade to be had (1P7?). Apple does not always make things easy.

• It's a great question but I rather not speculate on what will happen in the future. We're pretty "Agile" on coming up with solutions :-) Sorry for the bad joke and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.