Watchtower in Windows 1Password 6.3.359

I am trying to activate Watchtower on my Windows machines but I cant find it!
Please advice!

1Password Version: 6.3.359
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 and 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mattias.hedman,

Thanks for writing in. We're sorry for the confusion but the Watchtower and Security Audit features aren't available in 1Password 6 for Windows, yet, but rest assured they're coming in the future.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

• demoniac
    demoniac
    Community Member

I will say it is more than a little misleading that the main features page (https://1password.com/features/) says "All our award-winning apps include" and then list several features, including "1Password Watchtower". Clearly that's not really true as 1Password 6 does not have that functionality. It is also clear that AgileBits is promoting 1Password 6 as the preferred client - just go to the main download page and see what version the big blue Download button gets you...

I've been a user of 1Password for many years and actively promoted this to friends and colleagues and now I find myself growing tired of this confusion and misdirection of the future direction of 1Password. In the past two day's I've spent considerable time researching other options (Lastpass & Dashlane) as it seems the future of 1Password on Windows is pretty uncertain (especially any timeframes).

• Hey!

I'm sorry for the confusion. We are working to add Watchtower to 1Password 6 as quickly as possible.
    We are not trying to misdirect anyone, let me assure you of that. We're are in a transition period at the moment, especially on the Windows side but we're working hard to improve and polish 1Password 6 for Windows.

Let us know if you have any other questions or more feedback.

Cheers,

Alex

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

I'm sorry, but you are in fact misdirecting (misleading) folks. You can't directly advertise something that is not true. Personal Security Suite and 1Password Watchtower are not avaliable with 1Password 6 for Windows. I'm glad that they are hopefully being worked on, but they are not there and shouldn't be advertised as being there. Period. I've been using 1PW for Mac since 2009 and 1PW for Windows since 2013 and am extremely happy with it, except for the horrendous and piecemeal rollout of 1PW for Windows 6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@festus777: We don't advertise. Watchtower is part of 1Password, and that's why it's mentioned there. But not all versions of the apps support it. However, you can access it directly through our site:

1Password Watchtower

And that's available to everyone, regardless of platform (even OSes we don't have native apps for). I hope this helps! :)

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

@brenty : Wow, That first paragraph you wrote kinda reminds me of the book & movie "1984" and doublespeak.

From Wikipedia:

"Doublespeak is language that deliberately obscures, disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words. Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms (e.g., "downsizing" for layoffs, "servicing the target" for bombing[1]), in which case it is primarily meant to make the truth sound more palatable. It may also refer to intentional ambiguity in language or to actual inversions of meaning. In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth. Doublespeak is most closely associated with political language."

My portion of this thread is finished.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

That's not our intention but you are correct it is misleading.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

This discussion has been closed.