Converting from MSecure

Zmgm
Zmgm
Community Member

I am in the processing of converting from MSecure and have been following the conversion directions that I found through other discussions. I was able to export MSecure and place the file on the desktop. I downloaded the 1Password utilities folder and have also placed that on my desktop. I drag the MSecure file onto the AppleScript_Conversion_Helper file and choose MSecure from the list. The terminal window opens and says" Can't open perl script "covert_to_1p4.pl": no such file or directory. I know the file is there in the folder. Is there something that I missed? Is there a more current version of this as 1Password is now on version 6?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hello @Zmgm ,

Please use the 1.10 version of the converter suite located in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the thread. It corrects a bug that Sierra created with the AppleScript helper.

The name reference to 1Password 4 in the name "convert_to_1p4" is simply due to when I first created the converters - 1Password was on version 4 (for Mac) at that time. It's compatible with V6.

• Zmgm
    Zmgm
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. So I clicked on Testing Bits and clicked on the 1.10 version (only one there). I unzipped it and moved the "convert to 1p4" folder to the desktop. My MSecure file name has the "csv" as the end, but from other posts it doesn't look that is a problem. Unfortunately, I have the same result where it says "no such file or directory".

• Zmgm
    Zmgm
    Community Member

Just wanted you to know that I went to my laptop that hasn't been updated to Sierra yet and was able to get the conversion to work. If I can help you figure out why the one on Sierra didn't work for me, I am happy to help out but I am to say I was able to convert my information.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Zmgm ,

First and foremost, I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your data converted. I hope you are pleased with the results, and enjoy 1Password!

Thank you for the offer to help resolve the AppleScript issue with Sierra. Did you happen to ever double-click the AppleScript to open it first? The issue has to do with OS X Sierra looking for a signature in the AppleScript (and I don't include one), and when it doesn't find a valid signature, it moves the package to a per-process private area in the /tmp directory, quits the app, and then re-launches it from there. Hence, it cannot find the converter's necessary files.

You are correct, the file's suffix is inconsequential. So long as the data within the file is the correct format, the converter doesn't care about the name of the file.

• Zmgm
    Zmgm
    Community Member

I never double clicked the AppleScript. I unzipped the file. Moved the Converter folder from Download to Desktop. I dragged the Exported MSecure file onto the converter file and that was it.

Hope we can get it figured out as I am planning to convert my parents next month and they are already up to Sierra.

Still figuring out 1Password - but am very thankful you have created this conversion process!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Zmgm,

If you double click the AppleScript, would it work that way?

Once a user has allowed an executable to run, OS X Sierra allows the executable to run without moving it to the private sandboxed area, so the script should work in that case. I have to learn how to disable the settings made when a user does this, so that I can essentially test an untouched system, having it operate the same as others might see it.

• Zmgm
    Zmgm
    Community Member

I just tried it this way - instead of dragging the MSecure file onto the converter file, I double-clicked the AppleScript and it prompted me for the type of file (MSecure) and then I was able to choose the file but I have the same result. No such file or directory.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Zmgm,

Thanks. I'll continue to dig into this. The command line will always work - the AppleScript simply builds it for you.

This discussion has been closed.