Can no longer login desktop 1P after "upgrade" CloudFlare gift "upgrade"

detlevski
detlevski
Community Member

I have read your mail about the Cloudflare vulnaribility and decide to make use of "A Special Gift for You”.
Well that is some kind of gift.

Me AND my girlfriend decided to try this family account and created https://########.1password.com.
Both od us are happy users of 1Password for some years and two years ago we tried a team account #####, but this account frozen.
Now we received this “gift”.

I created the new Vault, added me and my girlfriend, migrated our accounts to the new ######## account, just as the site and the manual described.
Guess what?

The both of us CAN NO LONGER LOG IN our desktopapps on two diffferent mac on two different user accounts.
WHAT now, I have a couple of hundred password I need for wy work everyday and I am really pissed of how this can happen.
I can only access my passwords online and NOT via the Mac desktop application.

What can you do to help me, I did not buy nor upgraded to this family account thing to only be able to access my passwords only, this is a disaster.
Can you help me gain access to my 1 Password AND my girlfriend ?

If you want my serial number account number or anything else let my know and give me a GPG encrypted emailaddress as I cannot send them unencrypted.
To be honest I do consider this a major fuckup and totally totally disappointed in AgileBits.

You mail about a vulnariblity and make me change 12 passwords and then I trust you and upgrade our accounts and then I am locked out of my 480 passwords.
This unbelievable, please help me fix this ASAP.

For you also interesting to know we both had standalone licences without any problems.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• detlevski
    detlevski
    Community Member

Version 6.6.1 - El Capitan - iCloud sync
    Soory for the typos and formulation, but to shed some more light on this disaster.
    Two macs on two different account cannot login anymore in their respective 1PW desktop applications.
    Migration was done by the book.

On 3 iOS devices we can access our family account and normal account with our old password.

Email from AgileBits after setting up the account:
    "You’re all signed up! Now’s a great time to get the apps so you can sign in to your 1Password account from anywhere."
    Yeh right!

• detlevski
    detlevski
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Locked out on 3 desktop machines, send 3 mails ( [#UKP-81336-969], no response.
    Can login in online account and iOS devices, after "upgrade" to family account ...

Don't except to receive good support, you will get an email with smilies telling they are just too busy to help you right now and you just have to wait for all the other hundreds of support questions. First question to AB after being a customer since 2007.
    Switching to a family account turned into a disaster.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@detlevski: No worries about typos. Happens to the best of us. Just please don't use obscene language, as this is a public forum and we need to keep it friendly for anyone who visits. :blush:

Anyway, I'm glad you've reached out. I'm really sorry for the trouble you're having! While AgileBits never has access to your data or the keys used to encrypt it and can't recover them for you, it sounds like this may be a simple misunderstanding. If you've been a long-time user of the standalone 1Password app with local vaults, you'll have setup one Master Password there...which may not be the same as the one you've chosen for your brand new 1Password.com Account. So if you've still got your old vault in the app, that will be the one needed to unlock it. Adding your 1Password.com Account to the app won't mean you use that Master Password unless you have no local vaults. So while this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

A few clarification questions, in case you're still having trouble:

1. Have you signed into your 1Password.com Account in the app?
    2. Do you have a Primary local vault there still?
    3. If you have used different Master Passwords between the standalone version and your account, have you tried them both?

You're absolutely right not to share sensitive account information here or anywhere else. Only you should even have your Account Key and Master Password especially, and it isn't something we'll ever ask for. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@detlevski: I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, and that you've had to wait a bit. It looks like Frank has replied via email a couple times already, I've already replied to your other post, and I've merged them together to avoid further confusion. You're right. We try to respond to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis. I think that's fair. However, in your case, because you sent multiple emails (3 the first 24 hours), this pushes you back to the "newest" part of the inbox, much like your you own I imagine, since most of us view email chronologically. That sucks, and I'm really sorry that you had to wait at all, especially considering the problem you were facing. :(

However, to be clear, we can't help you if you've locked yourself out of your own data. We don't have the keys; only you do. In the case of 1Password Families, a family Organizer can perform account recovery for another family member. But again, there isn't a "back door" we can use to do something like that for you. So it's even more unfortunate that, after waiting in frustration, we can't perform this function for you. But the security of 1Password and all users depends on that. :angry:

I'm glad to hear that you've been using 1Password happily for so long without issue, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to respond immediately when you needed us — even though you were asking for something we don't have. But we'll keep working to improve our systems and response times so that things like this don't happen to you or anyone else. :blush:

ref: UKP-81336-969

This discussion has been closed.