Dave's Special offer

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

I keep seeing posts about a special offer from Dave Teare following the Cloudflare vulnerability.

Was this for everyone on the email lists? I never received anything.

No worries if not, I still have several months free on my Individual account.

But I would hate to miss out on something I was supposed to have been offered. I did check my spam folder and there was nothing there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

I did get the email, but the way I understand it this gift is only for people that are not using a subscription yet?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Quite likely, that makes sense.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I do have a (paid) subscription though and still got that mail.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, I got one too. I'll be honest: I don't understand exactly how these mailers work. :lol:

The short version is that we wanted to do something for folks who were getting another email from us because of two important issues that weren't their fault (CloudFlare and the 1Password for Mac manual update), so Dave decided to include a special offer for new 1Password.com users (or existing 1Password users who might want to try it).

@danco: It seems really odd to me that you wouldn't have gotten it if you're both subscribed to the email list and have a 1Password.com account. Can you double check your spam folder? IN this case, I know you're well aware of the issues that prompted the email, but I'm a little concerned that you might miss others in the future.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I got an email on 24th February advising of the need for a manual update. But nothing else, I've checked my spam folder, and my trash, as well as the inbox, and that's the only email I got. That wnet to my ....ac.uk account, which is my main one. I also have gmail accounts.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

I also didn't get the offer. But I'm not sure I'd qualify for it either.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

The short version is that we wanted to do something for folks who were getting another email from us because of two important issues that weren't their fault (CloudFlare and the 1Password for Mac manual update), so Dave decided to include a special offer for new 1Password.com users (or existing 1Password users who might want to try it).

and

I also didn't get the offer. But I'm not sure I'd qualify for it either.

Seems like already paying 1Password.com customers don't qualify, while they suffered from the same 2 issues?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm happy if established 1password.com users weren't given the offer. It's common for offers only to be given to new users of something.

But Brenty's reply to me did seem to indicate that even as an old user I should have got the offer. Perhaps I misunderstood.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@danco: Sorry. I really wasn't very clear. I had meant to express surprise that I'd received that myself, since I've been using 1Password.com for a long time myself. Clearly that doesn't come through re-reading the text though... :dizzy:

@XIII, @pervel: Indeed, that's my understanding. Being a frequent early adopter (just bought a new console, for example), I miss out on a lot of these kinds of deals, so I know how it feels. But being "on the inside" in this case, I can tell you that there isn't a good way to offer something like this to existing users. Such as myself. Believe, me I checked. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.