upgrading the license, so it would work for windows too

Hey there!
I'm 1password for Mac user for over a year now, my wife uses Windows and she's ready to start using 1password now too.
I wonder how can I upgrade my license so that it would work on windows too?

Cheers,
Anton

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

It is possible to upgrade an old-style Mac licence to a Mac + Windows licence. However, the licence is for one user (human being) on many machines, so that would not cover you and your wife.

Nowadays there is a subscription option, which has advantages even for long-time users. A Family subscription would work for both of you.

What version of Windows is she using? I am not familiar with 1PW for Windows, but I think there may be issues with the subscription and old versions of Windows.

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @panton - Thank you for asking and I'll do my best to assist you today. @danco is correct, our standalone licenses are tied to the individual and not the device. Have you considered signing up for a 1Password Families account?

When you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS). You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. For instance, I added my banking and medical account information to our Shared vault. Now my wife has access to this data in the case of an emergency :-)

We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features before having to pay for anything. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help out.

Have a great day!

• @danco, @Frank, thank you for your answers.
    @Frank I will think about 1pass for families, but in the meantime, I have several questions in case I would choose not to go with the subscription:
    1) if I would migrate from Mac to Windows and would like to remain my personal 1pass license, will I be able to somehow upgrade and use it on Windows 10?
    2) if I would want to get a second personal license for my wife, can I still buy one?
    3) are there still no plans for a Linux 1pass client? (another OS I'm using)

Cheers!
    Anton

• FrankFrank

Team Member
    edited February 2017

Hi Anton - I just sent you over an email so we can discuss this further. When you get a chance, reply back to me there so we can continue our conversation :-) Talk to you soon.

ref: FQM-23256-986

This discussion has been closed.