Can I purchase an annual Families subscription through Mac App Store?

jaerlo
jaerlo
Community Member

Via the AgileBits website, I can buy an annual Families Plan for $4.99 / month ($59.88 / year), but my 1Password comes from the Mac App Store and I only seem to have the option of buying a monthly plan for $6.99 / month ($83.88 / year). How can I use iTunes subscriptions to buy a 1 year subscription?

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app store annual subscription

Comments

• Hi @jaerlo - Sorry for the confusion and I will do my best to explain. Apple restricts us from offering "annual" subscriptions via the App Store which is why you see the different pricing compared to our website. If you want to subscribe for an annual billing cycle, you will have to cancel your subscription via iTunes - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Once you have canceled the subscription, reply back to me here and I will see if we can work a little magic on our end. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help out.

• jaerlo
    jaerlo
    Community Member

Thanks Frank.

I haven't actually followed through on the App Store subscription so aside from the standalone version I purchased many years ago, no money has been exchanged as I'm still on my Families trial.

Should I switch to a direct-download version instead of the Mac App Store version if I want the $4.99 price? If yes, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks again!

• Hi @jaerlo - Using your email address, I was able to locate two Family accounts for you. One is currently using an Apple subscription while the other account was created via our website. You can cancel the Apple subscription then continue with your other Families account then just change the billing cycle when your trial is over on March 17th. Sorry for the confusion and keep me posted :-)

• jaerlo
    jaerlo
    Community Member

Thanks Frank.

Yes, I had a trial Families account through Apple Subscription, but managed to forget / lose my Master Password so I had to create a new one.

I just wasn't sure if the source of the 1Password app mattered, but it sounds like it does not. So I just ignored the "Subscribe Now for $6.99" link in the Preferences and went to Billing through my online account https://wxxxxxxxxt.1password.com, added my CC info, and it looks like I'm all set.

Thanks again!

• Hi @jaerlo - Fantastic news! Thank you for letting me know and I'm glad everything worked out :-) You can also delete the original Families account that was subscribed through iTunes to avoid any confusion in the future.

Log into your Families account > Click on the Families account name in the upper right hand side > Select "Family Settings" from the drop down menu and then click "Delete Account" at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you have any additional questions :-) Enjoy the rest of your day.

• jaerlo
    jaerlo
    Community Member

Thanks Frank.

The Families account I have my subscription to (wxxxxxxxxt.1password.com) is the one I want to keep and it's the one I have my Master Password for.

It's the other account (lxxxxxt.1password.com) that I would want to delete, but without the Master Password, I can't login into it to delete it. Is there some other way to recover or reset the password for that account that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

• Hi Jaerlo - I just sent you over an email since it's a bit hard discussing account specifics here. When you get a chance reply back to me so we can continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon.

ref: KNQ-53761-592

This discussion has been closed.