Getting 1password.com to work with older apps?

Options
dynamoroller
dynamoroller
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to get a family member up and running with 1password.com. We are currently on a trial version and I am trying to "sell" the service to him. But the problem is getting the apps to work in his devices. iPad and iPhone are working without a problem, but not so much on his PC (Windows 10) and MacBook Pro (10.8, I think?).

The problem with 1Password 6 for PC is that it's pretty lacking :/, is this a beta version? It's much less intuitive than 1Password 4 for PC or 1Password 6 for Mac. It doesn't even trigger the "update existing password" feature and has really made updating existing passwords very difficult. In short, he doesn't like it. I was hoping to get him to use 1Password 4 for PC, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sign up with 1Password.com. Am I missing something?

As far as the MacBook, it's an older model and so he doesn't want to upgrade to a newer OS. I think the's currently on 10.8. When I tried downloading the compatible 1Password app for 10.8, I again couldn't find a "Sign in with 1Password.com" option. Is there no way for him to have 1Password on his MacBook in this case?

Is 1Password.com not made for those with older systems/OSes?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dynamoroller - Thank you for reaching out to us and I'll do my best to address your questions. I'm sorry to hear 1Password 6 on Windows is not working out for you. We're working out best to update 1Password on Windows and carry over the same experience as on the Mac. Our team had to completely rewrite it since 1Password 4 was based on older technology. The team is working hard and we have been rolling out regular updates improving the user experience while adding new features. 1Password 4 is only compatible with our standalone licenses. In order to use our new 1Password Memberships, you have to install 1Password 6 on your Mac which requires OS X Yosemite (10.10). Our legacy apps are not compatible with our new accounts. The only other alternative if he doesn't want to upgrade the OS is to use our web app in addition to 1Password on iOS. I hope this helps and I apologize for not having a better solution at the moment. Let us know if you have any further questions.

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    Options

@dynamoroller I have been using version 6 for some time at both at home and at work on different computers. And I use 1Password online when using Linux Mint... oh the dream of having a native app here would be... oh, sorry! Got carried away :)
    Jokes aside I have not experienced any lack a all. As soon as I have changed something online or on the application it is sync'ed right away. I'm not located in Canada where I suspect the servers would be located so distance shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you have a firewall or an antivirus that blocks the connection? Try turning either of them off for a short time to see if the lack disappears and then turn it on again.

• Thank you for the assistance @SoftAllan :+1:
    Sorry for not having a better answer about a native Linux app but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks again!

• dynamoroller
    dynamoroller
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for you help everyone!

• Frank
    Options

You're very welcome! Always happy to help out :+1:

This discussion has been closed.