iPad data doesn't match iMac

JPMcGTX
JPMcGTX
Community Member

My iPad logins show 1 entry per account. On the iMac using 1Password for Families, I have two entries per account. I have tried removing and restoring both apps, but they are still mismatched. i scanned the icon from the 1Password Emergency Kit to set-up bot the iPad and the iMac.

I added a test login on the iPad. It synced with the iMac Then I deleted on the iPad. It disappeared from the iMac couple of minutes later, so they are using the same database.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iPad data doesn't match iMac

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JPMcGTX,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with 1Password!

You said you "have two entries per account." Can you please elaborate on what you mean? Do you mean you have multiple 1Password.com accounts, or you have two vaults in an account, or you have multiple items within a vault? Are you seeing duplicate copies of each item on your Mac, but should only be seeing one of each? Are you seeing extra items in 1Password on your Mac, or are you not seeing all your items in 1Password on your iPad?

You said you're using a 1Password Families account, but you also mentioned that you use iCloud to sync your data. The data in your Families account syncs through our own servers, not iCloud - is it possible you still have a Primary vault (i.e. a local vault which is not part of any 1Password.com account) in 1Password on your Mac which is syncing via iCloud? If so, that might help to explain the confusion. You can check this in 1Password on your Mac by going to 1Password > Preferences. The Accounts tab will show if you're signed into any accounts (like your Families account). If you also see a Sync tab, that means you also have at least one local vault which is not part of any account - you can click on the Sync tab to see if there's a Primary vault syncing with iCloud.

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.