How to find logins pointing to non-existent websites

rickybuchanan
rickybuchanan
Community Member

I've been a 1Password user since ... I don't know when but when I first purchased it it was spelled 1Passwd so it's been a while. I'm using it on Mac (primarily) and iOS (occasionally).

Because of using it for so many many years I have a HUGE pile of logins saved for websites whose domain no longer exists. I've been going through my 1200-odd saved logins to try to weed them out but it's a very slow pain in the neck job as you can imagine!

What I'd really love is to be able to create a smart folder which holds logins for domains that don't exist - is this possible? I can't figure out a way to do it but I'm not sure if that's my user error or if it's really not possible.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Find logins pointing to non-existent websites

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickybuchanan,

I'm happy to hear you've been using 1Password for such a long time now! :)

1Password doesn't know if the websites in your Login items actually exist or not. You could create a brand new Login item and put any URL you'd like (real or not) in the website field, and 1Password will treat it like it exists. So for example, you can click that website address in 1Password and it will send that URL over to your browser, but 1Password won't know whether or not that site actually exists/works/opens. In order to do what you're asking, 1Password would need to have the ability to directly connect to the websites in your Logins - but it doesn't (again, it sends the URL to your browser, so it's not directly communicating with websites).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! But if you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.