Moving from AgileBits download to Mac App Store

cpplain
cpplain
Community Member

I'm a Families and Teams user. I'd like to move from the AgileBits download to the Mac App Store version. What is the recommended way of doing so to ensure there are no conflicts or duplicate files.

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Families, Teams

Comments

• Hi @cpplain ,

Since you have a 1Password.com account, you can switch to the Mac App Store version very easily.

1. Quit 1Password 6 by holding down the control key while selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu.
    2. Then trash the 1Password 6.app from your Applications folder.
    3. Download 1Password from the Mac App Store.
    4. Launch 1Password and select the option to login to 1Password.com. Enter your account credentials and that's it! Your data will automatically download.

If you have any questions or run into trouble, just let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• cpplain
    cpplain
    Community Member

@ag_kevin, thanks for the quick replay. Just to confirm: this doesn't result in duplication on my Mac of vault data files, preference files, or any other files, correct?

• @cpplain : it does indeed result in duplication. Both of those apps have separate everything, and so everything ends up getting duplicated.

You can get rid of the files form one of them (the one you're running) by using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. Please make sure that you have your account credentials saved somewhere before doing this.

Rick

• cpplain
    cpplain
    Community Member

@rickfillion, is Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data a local reset only? I want to ensure my cloud data is safe.

Would you point me to the other duplicate files? I assume there is at least one .plist file if not others, as well.

• @cpplain : you're right. You can get rid of the sync data by going into the Preferences > Sync tab, and selecting None for sync type for all vaults. It'll ask you if you want to remove remote data as well.

The core stuff is:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/
    ~/Library/Caches/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper
    ~/Library/Caches/com.agilebits.onepassword4
    ~/Library/Preferences/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.agilebits.onepassword4-updater.plist
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.agilebits.onepassword4.plist

Can't think of anything else but those.

Rick

• cpplain
    cpplain