Feature Request: Watchtower Ignore

AlphaNerd
AlphaNerd
Community Member

I see this was requested a few years ago but that discussion was closed as "Under Consideration". Its been three years so I'd like to post my vote for a feature to tell Watchtower to ignore selected accounts. I have accounts for which I either cannot or do not want to change the password. I confess to being a tad OCD and it honestly bothers me that I have entries in Watchtower after cleaning up all the others that I was able to change. Would you [more strongly and more recently] consider adding this feature? Perhaps a right click on the account with an "Ignore" menu item with the ability to "unignore" it at a later time (like a checkbox menu item).

I think its a bit clunky (and a mis-use of my time) to have to go fake-out 1Password/Watchtower into thinking I've updated the accounts by setting the password to something else and then setting it back again for each account that is in this state. (I note the mis-use of my time purely because Dave often notes in his emails that he is conscious of the value of people's time :) ).

Thank you very much for your consideration!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.1 (661010) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlphaNerd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write in with your request! Although the other forum discussion you mentioned might be closed now, the feature request itself is still open in our internal tracker. We rarely close threads here manually - however, the forum software closes them automatically after a long period of inactivity.

I'll be happy to add your feedback to our internal tracker to let our developers know you'd also like to be able to exclude certain items from the Watchtower / Security Audit section in 1Password. I can't make any promises about if/when we'll add that ability, but I also think it would be a nice feature!

Thanks again! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

ref: OPM-3156

• AlphaNerd
    AlphaNerd
    Community Member

Thank you Drew_AG!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.