1password should not prompt to save/update the password when a 3d-secure code is typed in

The verified by visa 3d secure site always prompts to save a password. If you say yes, it can override the real password for the site that you are on. As this happens with may many sites, the app should be smart enough to either ignore the 3d secure, or be enhanced to fill in the 3d secure.

1Password Version: 6.5.3 (23)
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OSX & WIndows
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:3d secure

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble you're having. Can you give us an example of a page where this happened? If it's not something we can get to trivially, saving a Web Archive from Safari can let us see the markup and try to make some adjustments.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• pilotpin
    pilotpin
    Community Member

Pretty much any app in the UK that requests payments. From domios.co.uk to ba.com. Some companies use a service called world pay, and you always get that 3D secure bit from them.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pilotpin,

Thanks for writing in and reporting this. I used to see this come up all the time when I was Visa card holder back in Ireland but since I've moved to Canada I no longer have a Visa card. I'm hoping I can ask a favour from you when you see this again if you feel up to it of course. We could update the 1Password extension to ignore this particular web form if we had a little more detail about how the form was put together in HTML - in particular we would be looking for two pieces of information that would show up in the HTML:

Item 1: HTML Describing the Password Field
    If you see the 3D Secure Visa page appear again and you'd like to help out, you could send us a the HTML that Visa uses to describe the password field. To do this:

1. While viewing a page with 3D Secure Visa please open the Developer Tools - you can do this if you're using Google Chrome by using the keyboard shortcut Command Option i.
    2. A new window will appear either embedded in the tab or in a new window of it's own. Please reposition this window if it's hiding the 3D Secure password field so that you can see the field.
    3. Click on the cursor icon in the top-left of the Developer Tools. This will allow you to click the password field and see the HTML code that represents it. Please go ahead and now click the password field (see A in screenshot below for what I mean).
    4. Once you've selected the password field, the Developer Tools should display the HTML for the password field. Please copy and paste the code from the <input ... bit to the > bit in your reply (see B in screenshot for an example of this.

Item 2: URL of the 3D Secure iframe
    This one is a little more tricky so don't worry if you can't get this. If you know what an iframe is, you could also provide src attribute of the iframe containing the 3D Secure page. This would allow us to prevent 1Password from prompting for iframes that are contain 3D Secure pages.

Thanks again for reporting this - I hope to hear back, if you have any questions at all about the above please let me know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• pilotpin
    pilotpin
    Community Member

I will try to capture these the next time I get a 3D secure page.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Thank you very much @pilotpin,

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.