Auto fill fields possible?

In 1P preferences, I have both checkboxes checked for "Filling and Signing in". Yet, when I go to a website where the URL matches EXACTLY what is in that login item for 1P, there is no automatic filling in. I still have to click the browser 1P extension and select the site before 1P fills in the fields.

Am I misunderstanding the intent of these "Filling and Signing" prefs?

Thanks in advance,

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: Mac 10.12.3
Sync Type: local

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member

Hi there. I think you did misunderstand how the auto-fill works. This link can explain it thoroughly but your info is saved and when you click on the 1password icon then choose the log-in you wish it will then auto sign you in.

https://support.1password.com/browser-extension/

Cheers,
    Conor

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mork,

Hopefully the link csmoran9 gave you is helpful, but I wanted to reiterate that 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature. In other words, it never fills a sign-in form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). We explain more about that here: Sign in to a site with 1Password

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

Sounds good, thanks.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Mork,

On behalf of @Drew_AG, you're very welcome. Thanks for posting!

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.