Shortcut option for windows Chrome not working

Options

I'm trying to change the standard shortcut to show the browser extension.
_ctrl+alt+_ works but I'm unable to set a new shortcut .

I change the setting, I restart both chrome and the 1Password windows app. Nothing happens.
the instruction on https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcut-not-working/ do not apply because the interface on Win7 is completely different.
I don't even have a Help menu...

1Password Version: 6.6.359
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: WIn 7
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:show 1password using

Comments

• Hey @dgigliocontendo,

Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the keyboard shortcut and we'll help you fix them.

Can you please tell us which keyboard layout you're using? The shortcut differs slightly between certain languages and depending on the keyboard certain key combinations may not be available.

Another common issue can be a keyboard or shortcut manager that prevents 1Password from setting a shortcut.

Cheers,

Alex

• dgigliocontendo
    dgigliocontendo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I guess the problem is that you need to restart the HELPER, not only the 1Password app, nor the browser.
    After restarting all three the new, custom, shortcut works.

Suggestion:
    So far the Windows experience is fragmented. This doesn't help, especially for someone like me, who is choosing a pw manager to use in a small group of people.
    Simplicity of deployment is key, I cannot go to a family member to explain many different steps, required to make the experience work seamlessly.

On Windows I have to keep track of three components:
    1. the app
    2. the browser plugin
    3. the helper, which sits in the task bar, hidden.

I know it's easier said than done, But I'm having a hard time justifying 1Password over Lastpass for a family of 5. Imagine in a small office!

• Hi @dgigliocontendo,

Thanks for the update.
    I'm terribly sorry for the confusion. In 1Password 4 there was the main app (1Password.exe) and the 1Password Helper (Agile1pAgent.exe). The latter was present in the notification area, represented by the little lock icon.

In 1Password 6, the icon in the notification area of the task bar is actually the main 1Password app and to apply a new keyboard shortcut you have to completely quit 1Password 6 via the 1Password icon in the notification area not just close the main 1Password window.

This is not yet documented and I understand why this process is unclear.
    We're going to make sure to fix this quickly.

We'd also like to thank you for the critique. We strive to make 1Password as simple to use as possible but there's always places we can improve.
    If you have any other questions or more feedback, please let us know about it.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.