Change in behaviour when searching item within browser (Chrome in my case)

There seems to be a different between v4 and v6 in how searching works within the browser - I cant see an option to adjust it.

I'm using Chrome.

It's very tricky to get 1Password to open a different website than the one currently displayed. If I click the icon, and immediately use the search feature it will only show logins which related to the domain currently displayed on the active browser page. So then I have to click "All Items" and then it will find unrelated logins.... however when I then click the unrelated login it always seems to want to open the selected item in the same browser tab. This is a total pain as I constantly end up replacing a page I want with the new page I also want. The v4 behaviour would be for such a selection to open in a new tab.

Can this be adjusted?

David

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1607
Sync Type: Integrated

Comments

• @David Spink you are right, this is not the way it should be. We'll get it fixed to open unrelated sites in a new tab. Thanks for bringing this up!

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited March 2017

In addition, we will add options to 1Password mini to open items in new tab, current tab or new windows.

This discussion has been closed.