problem with new vault format: two vaults, 3 devices => merge?

stephtara
stephtara
Community Member

Over the week-end I updated some passwords on my iPad. Back home, I updated a few more on my Mac (Cloudbleed ftw). Then I realised the passwords from the iPad hadn't synced to the computer. I store my vault in dropbox. In the Mac prefs, I saw that syncing was off. Turned it on, but that created a new vault (opvault) next to the old one (agilekeychain) which I suspect is the iOS one (iPad-updated passwords show up on my iPhone, so iOS is syncing to iOS).

How do I get everybody to use the same vault?
How do I save both the passwords I updated on the iPad, and those I updated on my Mac? Can I merge the two vaults?

iOS app 6.5.2 on iPad mini and iPhone 6S

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stephtara,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! When you re-enabled sync with Dropbox in 1Password on your Mac, it sounds like you chose the general Dropbox folder instead of specifically selecting your existing sync file, so it created a new one (in the .opvault format).

To get the sync working between your Mac, iPad, and iPhone again, you'll need to update the sync settings in 1Password to make sure they're all pointing to the same sync file in Dropbox. Either sync file is fine, so that's up to you (if it matters, the .opvault format is newer).

For example, if you want them all to sync with the new .opvault file, open 1Password on your iPad and iPhone and go to Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync Service > Disable Sync. Then re-enable sync with Dropbox and choose the .opvault file.

Or if you want them all to sync with the older .agilekeychain file, open 1Password on your Mac and go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync, then change the setting from Dropbox to None. After disabling it, change it back to Dropbox and choose the .agilekeychain file from Dropbox.

Whichever sync file you choose to continue using, you can delete the other one to avoid confusion.

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.