Unable to copy password to clipboard

This discussion was created from comments split from: Copy and Paste a password that cannot be copied.

Comments

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

I am on Mac OS 10.12.3 and having the same problem on EVERY WEBSITE. I can't copy the password, even though there is a "copy" button or even if I try to copy it myself in"edit."
    What developers tools or other options are there?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emrsings1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I have to admit though, I'm not certain I understand what you're trying to do. It sounds like you're attempting to copy a password from a webpage in your browser. Is that correct? If so, in most cases, websites will not allow copying the contents of password fields. I think the idea is that since the password is not displayed for a reason, allowing it to be copied from there would be a loophole to allow someone to get a password you'd entered very easily, when it appears inaccessible.

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

Thanks for responding.
    I'm trying to copy a password FROM 1Password TO a website.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emrsings1: When you copy a password from 1Password, are you able to paste it into a text document? It sounds like the website may simply be disallowing the paste function. But in many cases, 1Password will still be able to fill there. If you'll let me know the URL and the 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, I'll be happy to look into it for you.

Otherwise, if you're not even able to paste it into a text document, first edit the item to verify that the password is there. It may be that 1Password couldn't save it in the first place. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.