1Password Extension is in Read-only mode and I have bought a Family license. [resolved]

Paul_Denholm
Paul_Denholm
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Mac

Have just installed 1 Password on to a new Mac Pro laptop, I have installed the 1Password extension in Safari and when I try to open it has Read-only. There are 2 users of the 1Password license myself and my wife, we also have the app installed on an iMac and our iPads (2x) & iPhones (2x). Can you help?

1Password Version: 6.6.1 (661010)
Mac Pro OS 10.12.3
iMac OS 10.11.6
iPhone: iOS 10.2.1
iPad: iOS 10.2.1 & 9.3.5
1Password Extension 4.6.3
Sync Type: iCloud

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm having a problem with the 1Password Extension.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Paul_Denholm,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password on your new Mac! Did you by any chance install the Mac App Store version of 1Password? If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac from our AgileBits Store, you'll need to install the AgileBits Store version of 1Password so you can activate that with your license (the Mac App Store works very differently as far as purchasing & activation).

If you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, you can drag 1Password.app from the Applications folder to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools). Then download the AgileBits Store version from our download site. Open the downloaded .pkg file to start the installation. When you're done, open the new 1Password 6.app file in Applications and go through the setup procedure.

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• Paul_Denholm
    Paul_Denholm
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG,

Thanks for the reply, I have now been able to resolve the problem.

Regards, PD :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 1Password is working correctly for you now! Hopefully you're all set, but if you run into other issues with 1Password or have any questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.