I cannot add an additional vault from dropbox on my Mac

Options
theOneTrueEric
theOneTrueEric
Community Member

I have three dropbox vaults already and need to add a fourth in the same account. (I'll get rid of one of the other three after).

I see no option for adding another vault. Help?

1Password Version: 6.5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot add a fourth drop box vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theOneTrueEric,

I'm sorry you're having trouble creating a new vault in 1Password on your Mac!

New standalone vaults can only be added when the app is unlocked and you're in the Primary vault or the All Vaults view. Then the New Vault option should be available in the 1Password menu.

However, if you don't see that option in the menu at all, that's due to a known issue in the latest version of 1Password from the Mac App Store. I apologize for the inconvenience! For now, the workaround is to create a Demo vault, which will force the 1Password menu to refresh and show you the 'New Vault' option. Once you create a new vault, you can delete the Demo vault if you'd like.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else or still have trouble creating a vault. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4859

• theOneTrueEric
    theOneTrueEric
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, I'm not trying to create a new vault. I'm trying to "load" a vault that is on dropbox and that I created from another machine [and share with my spouse]. I see no option for adding that vault, despite the fact that I have two other vaults in the same dropbox already that I set up on an earlier version. Regression?

• theOneTrueEric
    theOneTrueEric
    Community Member
    Options

Hello? Agile bits? This is blocking me from doing important work. I just updated to the latest version and it's no different.

How do I add a new shared vault from my dropbox??

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theOneTrueEric,

Ah, thank you for clarifying! To add a vault from Dropbox, simply find the .agilekeychain or .opvault file in the local Dropbox folder on your Mac and double-click on it. The 1Password app will ask you for that vault's master password in order to add it.

If you have any trouble with that, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.