Missing Localizations in german using 1P 6.6.1 (661010)

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member

It seems there is quite a few strings missing in the german localization that have been there in previous versions. Places with missing localization are:

• hoovering over pw is "copy" instead of "kopieren"
  • same for the other dropdown options ("reveal" and "large type")
  • "All Vaults"
  • "All Items"
  • "Favorites"
  • "Categories"
  • interestingly Sicherheitsüberprüfung is correct for the security section
  • there's more but that should give an idea

Briefly looked in todays forum posts but couldn't find any existing discussion so thought I'd let you know.

1Password Version: 6.6.1 (661010)
Extension Version: n.a.
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: wlan

Comments

• chrisbu
    chrisbu
    Community Member

Hi, I noticed a language bug in the latest release. My system language is german and most of the language (menus ... etc.) in 1password 6.6.1 is german as well. But some entries are still in english: like the entries "categories" or "all items" in the left side inside the app or when you want to copy a password the word "copy" instead of the german word "kopieren" is displayed.

I already switched system languages in macos (from german to english and back to german) but with no effect ...

It is just a cosmetic bug but something to fix probably in the next release ...!

1Password Version: 6.6.1
    Extension Version: 6.6.1
    OS Version: macos 10.12.3
    Sync Type: no sync

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

notice "Einstellungen" for settings in window title. and "Sicherung" for backup. But then most other items are english. This seems to be a problem all over the app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LosInvalidos: We were able to reproduce it here as well, so we'll get this fixed for you. Thanks for bringing this on our attention!

ref: OPM-4886

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrisbu: I've merged your post with an existing discussion on this issue. Thanks for reporting this!

• prince
    prince
    Community Member

I think there is a bug in the current mac version (Version 6.6.1 (661010))

I'm using German. Just found out after the new version.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: MAC OS 10.12.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @prince,

I've merged your post with this existing discussion. Its a known issue and should be resolved soon.

Rudy

• prince
    prince
    Community Member

thx - didn't see / find that one :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• SS66
    SS66
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

I use current version 6.6.2. The language is in german.

But 1Password show many areas not in german language. Fix this

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hallo,

With the latest update, a language problem is visible in the password generator with 1 password. Language German set.
    Please remedy!
    Thank you.
    Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• SS66
    SS66
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Yes same issue here

My thread
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76341/1password-has-translation-issue#latest

Why not fix this? Version 6.5 no issue

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SS66,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about that! I've merged your post with another forum thread about the same issue. As other AgileBits team members have mentioned above, this is a known issue. I apologize for the inconvenience! Our developers are working on it, although I don't know exactly when a fix will be available.

I'm sorry again for the trouble! If you have questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hi @Johann_Gruber,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Indeed, this is a known issue, and I've merged your post with another thread about it. I don't know when to expect an update with a fix, but it's definitely something our developers would like to fix as soon as they can. I'll let them know you're also experiencing this.

If you need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

• till213
    till213
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

"Fix this!" - "Please remedy!" - "Why not fix this?"

Wow. I have to apologise for our greater, northern neighbour here, that's just how they talk ;) Here in Switzerland (at least in the German speaking part) we are also affected, so while I usually wouldn't even bother reporting such a tiny little issue I know how much pride you take in your great 1password software (reading your release notes is a joy ;)), so I thought I let you perfectionists know anyway.

So most of the missing German locale labels have been probably reported already, here is just a quick list over those that I stumbled over for reference:

• Menu 1password -> Einstellungen
      • Most group labels ("General", "Security", "Accounts", "All Vaults", "Advanced"
      • "Last synced:"
      • "Synchronisiere Tresor Primary mit Folder" (should be "Primär" and "Ordner" instead)
    • Main Window
      • "All Items" -> "Alle Einträge"
      • "Favourites" -> "Favoriten"
    • Context menu (passwords)
      • "copy", "reveal", "large type"

1Password
    Version 6.6.2 (662004)
    Mac App Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@till213: Indeed, we are a bit persnickety about 1Password ourselves. Thank you for the indirect compliment of also holding us to a high standard — and for the direct compliment regarding the release notes. :chuffed:

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience (and potentially confusion) this is causing you and others. We'll get this fixed for fine German-speaking folk the world over. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.