Text Size Override

Mannondorf
Mannondorf
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Apple Watch

Me, myself, and I have my text size on the smallest setting on my iWatch because my eyes work and when I go into my Apple Watch 1Passy app, consequently, the text inside the entries is entirely too small for glancing and typing at the same time, for instance. Could a feature added in the future be the possibility to override the text size from entries within the settings page of the 1Password app on your iPhone so usernames and passwords can be bigger?
Photo:
http://imgur.com/xB307kk

It doesn't look too bad when I'm close up like in this photo but father back it looks kinda small.

Comments

• Mannondorf
    Mannondorf
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

What I'm getting at is this:
    Beautiful app, just a lot of wasted black space in login entries for us youngins with our text size lower than usual.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mannondorf: Ahh, very interesting! Thanks for reaching out. I think this is a rather unique case, but we can certainly consider additional display options for a future version of 1Password for Apple Watch. I actually use the smallest text size as well — on a 38mm no less — but I think I use 1Password on my Apple Watch most often for viewing a TOTP code, which is much bigger (since we can expect these to be limited to only 6 characters).

I think in general it's really important to respect the OS display settings as much as possible for accessibility, but let me ask you this: Would you be okay with the OS-level-sized text on the item list, with a larger size only for the details (for example, username and password)? I feel like the small size is nice for the list so I can see more of each item's name. Let me know what you think! :)

• Mannondorf
    Mannondorf
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Yeah! Just the text for the actual username and password, not the labels
    What I'm trying to say in picture form:
    http://imgur.com/SeNNZi5
    Make the circled items bigger

• Mannondorf
    Mannondorf
    Community Member

Have it as a toggleable option so it's a win win for everybody.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mannondorf: Thanks for clarifying! Perhaps we can add that option down the road. :)

• Mannondorf
    Mannondorf
    Community Member

Sweet.
    Well that's all... for now.
    Thanks for the fast replies. Excellent support!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the feedback on this! We're here if you have any other comments, questions, or suggestions! :chuffed:

ref: OPI-3733

• Alphaman
    Alphaman
    Community Member

How about a really large, easily viewable option, like the Large Type option in iOS? It could even be a really large font, where a long password might exceed the screen size -- you could swipe or use the Digital Crown to scroll through the password.

FWIW, I really love, love, love the Large Type option! Seeing a feature like this in watchOS would be wonderful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Certainly something we'll consider for a future version. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• daiwhugs
    daiwhugs
    Community Member

Love the apple watch app but having real trouble reading the info on the apple watch due to small font size and this is on the 42mm. It will be even worse on the smaller screen. Any chance of increasing the fonts size or at least having the option of several font sizes?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: osx 10.12.3
    Sync Type: icloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daiwhugs: I hope you don't mind, but Ive merged your post with an existing discussion on font options for 1Password on Apple Watch.

It sounds like you may have the system font size set too small, so it may help to increase that (Settings > Brightness & Test Size > Text Size). Personally, I like it small, even on a 38mm, so I can see more information at once. 1Password uses the system setting, but we can certainly consider adding some options to 1Password itself for this in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• daiwhugs
    daiwhugs
    Community Member

Ok thanks for the reply. Font size for all other apps are just fine so I am not inclined to change that, however the 1Password watch app remains unique in being mostly unreadable due to very small font size and mixed colours on letters. Is this intentional or a weird bug?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daiwhugs: I'm kinda wondering if it's a bug now. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Colours are used to differentiate between similarly-looking letters, numbers, and symbols, but it seems strange to me that the text size is significantly different to other apps. Can you also attach a screenshot of a default app for comparison (maybe Settings)?

This discussion has been closed.