Login issue - Re opening it .

Hi.
Although I've contacted twice regarding my issue , Because of daily using me Bank Website , I need to always Delete - Copy - Paste my Password to Successfully Login , And it's not so convenient.
Im attaching previously 2 cases regarding the issue ,
Maybe you will have a new idea to help ?
Thanks
Ronen

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/33058/login-issue-maybe-you-can-find-a-solution#latest

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/138893#Comment_138893

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@ronen: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It doesn't look like much has changed, so I can't say that I'm optimistic that 1Password can cope any better with the burdens this type of site chooses to place on you as a user. However, I may not have all of the context, as it looks like we'd deleted some information at your request. If you can tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension you're using and the specific URL you're having trouble with, I'll be happy to test it myself to see if there's anything I can do to help. Thanks in advance! :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @ronen. It looks like Union Bank is using a similar routine to what some banks in Australia are using to obfuscate the value of the password field. When you save a Login from this page, it will have the incorrect password value. You can of course correct this in 1Password but due to the way these routines work combined with a feature of 1Password that guards against the values being incorrectly cleared out or reset means that we don't properly set the value on the password field in a way that the site will transform and then have 1Password not undo that transformation. This latter part is something we're looking into and hope to work on very soon and should help. If you're open to it, I'd love for you to try out a beta version of the extension when we have it available.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi.
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I'd would like to try.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I'll add a link to this thread for us to let you know when it's ready to test out.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hello everyone .
    Glad that my question updated .
    I have the version 4.6.3 of the Safari's 1Password Browser Extension.
    In all my OTHER logins , This Bank Login is the only one thats need to "always Delete - Copy - Paste my Password to Successfully Login"
    ( To be honest , It's the only Bank Login )
    I am using the Bank login more often then other logins and I am more frustrated about the present way to enter my bank account .
    If there is a security issue in the present login , Please advise what to do ?
    PS : The Bank password is the same when making the login , I have only one Bank Password .

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen,

You'll be somewhat surprised as there was some activity here and now all of the new posts have disappeared. The other user was experiencing an issue with a very set of banks, one where we were able to do something to allow us to fill despite their "security" measures. As you can no doubt imagine, every bank is potentially different and there is no good news in regards to Union Bank. Their security measure goes beyond what the Australian banks were doing and as of yet there is still no way to fill the fields from the extension in a manner that the site will cooperate with. I wish we had better news and the bug report is still open but at the present point in time it is unclear how we may improve matters with this particular bank.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi@littlebobbytables,
    Thanks for your reply .
    Very appreciated !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I just wish I could have offered something more hopeful. I only wish banks didn't go to such pains to make using a password manager so difficult. After all, we're trying to help you stay secure by making it easier to use unique and complex passwords - that has to be better than somebody reusing their bank password elsewhere doesn't it? Just one of the never ending battles.

This discussion has been closed.