Vaults problem!

bielman
bielman
Community Member

Hi!

I've got 2 vaults in my mac app so in the iOs app. I updated it from 6.5.3 to 6.6.1 and my second vault is missing. In my iOs device is still there.

What can I do for restore it (Dropbox Syng)?

1Password Version: 6.6.1.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bielman: That's really weird. Are you certain you haven't switched between versions (AgileBits Store — Mac App Store, vice versa), as they could have separate databases (and therefore not have the secondary vault loaded in one)? Given that the data is separate from the app itself, it won't be affected by an update, so this is curious. But an easy way to load the secondary vault again is to double-click it in Dropbox to open it in 1Password. Let me know what you find!

• bielman
    bielman
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Hi @brenty

Yes. I purchased from app mac store and i updated from your web following the instructions from the email recived from agilebits ti solve the 1P mini problem.

So @brenty, I will try to double-click in Drobox and open it with 1Password 6 and i let you know asap.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bielman,

Thanks for confirming that you switched from the Mac App Store version to the website version - that explains what happened (as Brenty explained, they keep separate databases on your Mac).

The problem described in the email you received only affected the website version of 1Password for Mac, so if you were using the Mac App Store version, you didn't need to do anything. That should have been mentioned in the email, but I apologize if it wasn't clear! We also mention that in this support article about the issue: 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini (February 2017)

But it's ok if you switched to the website version - you're welcome to continue using that, or you can go back to the Mac App Store if you want to. If you keep using the website version, you should be able to add your second vault by double-clicking its sync file in Dropbox as Brenty mentioned.

If you run into any trouble with that or have more questions, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• bielman
    bielman
    Community Member

Hi there guys!!

I finally have re-downloaded from MacOsAppStore and..... tachaaaaaan: there is my second vault.

Solved. I will remember not switch from both sites.

Thank you !!

Kind regards.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, thanks for following up to let us know! If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.