Family Special vs The Early Earl

Options
Scuba629
Scuba629
Community Member

Does it make more sense to get the Family Special rather than the Early Bird Earl signup bonus? I think I have two extra slots with the early bird earl now but if I used the family special it would be five? Same doubled storage I think.... Am I missing anything? Does the Family Special not get the 20% annual discount?

The family special is making me feel like the early adopter isn't worth much now. :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I thought the Early Bird Special is $3.99/month (billed anually), while the current Family Special is $4.99/month (billed anually)?

(if you have more than the 5+2 users from the Early Bird Special this new deal might be more interesting, since each extra user costs $1/month)

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Scuba629 - Great question! It looks like you took advantage of our early adopter special when we introduced 1Password Families -

The Promotion included -
    https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

• $10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
    • Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
    • $4 per month when billed annually
    • The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)

Our Family Day Promotion includes -
    https://blog.agilebits.com/2017/02/21/secure-your-whole-family-with-our-special-family-day-special/

• Additional 5 Family members - total of 10
    • 2 GB of secure document storage (per family member)

Personally if you took advantage of our original promotion which it looks like you did, I would stick with that. @XIII is right, you save more money on an annual billing cycle. The only difference is the 3 extra family members we include with our new promotion. But the decision is completely up to you and included both links so you can compare and decide which works best for you. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions.

• Just to clarify there is no discount with our Family Day Promotion - just the extra 5 family members and the additional storage. Sorry for any confusion.

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't see the $4.99 was the annual billing for the families special. That makes the early adopter special better.

Thanks for the info.

• On behalf of Frank, you're welcome. :)

Rick

• atb802
    atb802
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded my single account to family. Can I add now 10 members? I can't see any confirmation on 1password profile.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @atb802 - I apologize but the Family Day promotion has ended. I also noticed you have two Families accounts. Did you want to delete one of the them? Or will you be using both accounts? Let me know if you have any questions. :+1:

• atb802
    atb802
    Community Member
    Options

Shame... :(. According offering promotion for the family and the link given there, I set up a new account. Later I realized that I can transform my current account to family. Please delete my trial account.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @atb802 - I'm sorry that I couldn't help out. I just sent you over an email with a special link to delete the other Families account.

For future promotions keep checking our blog and sign up for our newsletter here - https://blog.agilebits.com

Have a nice day!

• atb802
    atb802
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen and removed a second account. Thanks. I signed up for newsletter.

• Frank
    Options

Fantastic! @atb802 it's the best way to get promotions and additional news updates from us :-) Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member
    Options

Are these promotions only open to new 1PW Families customers? Are those with 1PW Personal accounts eligible if they upgrade to Families? I have talked my family into using a Password Manager, and seeing as how I've been using 1Password Personal for the last 20 days or so and been reasonably happy with it, I think it makes the most sense to go with 1Password families. But if these special deals are only offered to new 1PW Families subscribers, I'm going to hold off converting to 1PW families until the next special offer comes along. Either the Early Bird or the Family Day promotion make the annual cost much more reasonable, so I'll wait to see what you guys offer next.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Mancolt,

1Password Families is already a great deal! The Family Special was actually not a reduction in price, we temporarily increased the number of family members you can add to your account. The "Earl" deal was a deal we rolled out early last year for early adopters, and we won't be repeating that one. You're welcome to wait for the next promotion, but not including the launch special, there's never been a promotion that reduces the price of the Family plan. You can sign up today for all your family members to have 1Password on all their devices for as little as $4.99 per month when selecting annual billing.

Cheers,
    Steven

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member
    Options

I would agree with you if 5 users were enough to cover my family. I'm not so interested in lowering the total price, just lowering the price per user. I need 10 users to get full coverage. I really wish an email would have gone out about the family day special. I didn't even know about the blog. I like that Agile Bits doesn't blow up my inbox, but that would have been a nice special to know about. I would have pulled the trigger immediately.

I hear you guys consistently saying "all your family members"...obviously that differs depending on the family. 5 might be enough to cover the average family, but I have a larger than average family, so 5 will not cover me and all of my family members.

As to the other question. If I sign up for Families now, will I likely be prevented from taking advantage of future Families promotions? Or were existing users eligible for the Family Day Special this year?

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Mancolt, I've sent you a follow up via email on this.

Steven

This discussion has been closed.