My documents are listed on my laptop, but not my Android...?

RJS
RJS
Community Member

I have saved a couple of documents with confidential information on 1Password. I can view those documents when on my laptop, but they aren't listed on my Android... why not?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do you view Documents while in 1Password?

Comments

• Hey @RJS. Documents aren't yet supported in the Android app, but we hope to add this functionality soon! I'll add your vote!

• RJS
    RJS
    Community Member

;)
    Thanks, Peri!

• No problem! :+1:

• rob_j
    rob_j
    Community Member

I joined the forum just to say that I would also like this functionality. :+1: :)

• Welcome to the forum @rob_j! I'll add your vote!

• zeca_pipocas
    zeca_pipocas
    Community Member

Hello all,

Same here. I have a picture of a key card associated to my bank account as a related item and it does not show up on the android app. I can still see it in my macbook desktop app and on my iPad. The weird thing is that it used to work perfectly before I moved to a 1Password account.

Cheers

• Hi @zeca_pipocas. Sorry for the confusion! Documents aren't quite ready for Android yet. My team is hoping to get them supported soon, and I'll go ahead and add your vote!

• janspj
    janspj
    Community Member

I have now reinstalled thinking something wrong in my doing and now find there is no support i Android but Apple. Pls fix soon !!! I also use this document (scanned) passport to passport and it is failing due to this...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion that's caused you! We're working on it, and if you're anxious to get the latest features and improvements in the future, feel free to participate in the beta. Cheers! :)

• teacy123
    teacy123
    Community Member

+1 here! It is not like this would currently affect me much in daily use. However, I just migrated from stand-alone to an account. Of course I check the count after the migration to make sure everything checks out. It makes me feel very uncomfortable if I see 311 items on the web and only 308 on the phone, and it takes me quite a while to figure out that somehow the 3 documents seem to be missing. For me a password manager is all about integrity and confidence and this way of showing different item counts on different devices breaks confidence. In my mind it would even be better to just include the documents into the item count and have a documents tab in the UI that says "cannot show these on Android yet".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@teacy123: That's a fair point. If we weren't already working on adding real Document support, having a placeholder might help. But I think that getting full support for Documents will be even better. Hang in there! :)

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member

Count me in on the votes. Still waiting for Document support as well ... I used to have a Secure Note with attachments in my private, Dropbox-synced vault, and that worked perfectly. I could view pictures of my secret access codes everywhere on the go, but after moving over to 1Password.com this is no longer possible:
    Secure Notes can no longer have attachments and the proposed solution, using Documents, does not work on Android :(

To top it up, version 6 of 1Password for Windows only supports 1password.com vaults, and no private vaults, unlike the Mac version.

Please get this fixed ASAP or we might start suspecting you are just holding back due to bandwidth costs (as text compresses better than binary data) :p

• I'll definitely pass your feedback regarding Documents support on to our team, @fatso83. In the meantime, you should be able to view those Documents by signing into 1Password.com from a browser on Android. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I just wanted to let you all know that we've added support for Documents in the latest beta. So hopefully it won't be far off that everyone gets it once we're finished testing everything. And you're welcome to join the beta too if you like. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.