On OSX 10.9.5, wont upgrade to El Capitan , still on 1 Password 3.8 advice

Wondering what my best options are. I don't plan to upgrade to El capitan as it would likely mean a new hard drive for me and my IMac is already 10 years old (yes it will be due to be replaced at some point I know.)
But for now, what should id do for upgrading 1passwrd?

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dougiedd
    dougiedd
    Community Member

did my question disappear?

• dougiedd
    dougiedd
    Community Member

nobody???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@dougiedd: Hi! Thanks for your patience. I'm sorry for the delay, as I'm just seeing this now since you replied to your own post only yesterday. :(

First, that's pretty amazing that you're still getting good use out of a 10 year old computer! While it's a bit concerning that you're not able to get security updates due to running an older OS, hopefully there's an upgrade in your future — especially with a new macOS and potentially more new Macs coming this year!

Regarding 1Password specifically, it sounds like you know you won't be able to run the latest version, as it requires Yosemite at minimum. On Mavericks, you could run 1Password 4 though. If it works for you, it might not be bad to stick with 1Password 3 until you're ready to upgrade. I guess the main concern is that it doesn't have support for modern browsers, which is another security issue, since it's best to stay patched to stay protected online (which is why you're using 1Password in the first place).

I'm going to shoot you an email shortly in case we need to get more details about your setup and license, so keep an eye out for that. Cheers! :)

ref: RUI-66543-354

Edit: It also occurred to me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new hard drive anyway. Even if you end up buying a new Mac, you could then use it to backup your data. You can never be too careful! :)

This discussion has been closed.