To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

"read-only mode-click here to buy", but I have a standalone license (?)

MPP
MPP
Community Member

After reinstalling 1password for chrome, it says " ready-only mode-click here to buy", however I didn't have his issue before and do have a standalone license. How do you solve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• Hi @MPP - Sorry for the troubles. Yes, you definitely have a standalone license and I just sent you over a copy in a separate email. May I ask is this issue happening within the 1Password extension using Chrome? Also did you download 1Password from the Mac App Store recently? Keep us posted.

• MPP
    MPP
    Community Member

Hi Frank, yes it's the chrome extension and I did recently download 1password from the Mac App store.
    I didn't receive an email - please provide further instruction on how to fix this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MPP: As Frank mentioned, he was able to find the license in our system under your forum email address and sent it via email. If you're not seeing it, please check your spam folder. I've just sent it again now before replying, and the problem is that if you're having trouble receiving email, we won't have much better luck sending any other messages that way, so I hope you'll be able to find it this time.

Since you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Store, the Mac App Store will have no way of knowing that you did (that's why it's showing as read-only), so you'll need to remove that version. Just drag it to the Trash, and then install it directly from the AgileBits website instead. Then all you need to do is use the link in the license email to register it and you're good to go. Let me know how it turns out!

• MPP
    MPP
    Community Member

Thank-you, the issue was not finding my license but rather that I had downloaded it from the Mac App store instead of your website.
    I followed your instructions above and the chrome extension now works properly!

• Fantastic news! Thank you for letting us know @MPP - I will make sure to give @brenty a :high-five: the next time I see him :+1:

• Wodin
    Wodin
    Community Member

Hey there, it looks like I am having the exact same issue. I am pretty sure i have a stand alone license for 1password and all of a sudden I'm stuck in read only mode with a request to purchase. Please advise.

• Hi Wodin - Thank you for reaching out to us. I couldn't locate a standalone license using the email address you registered for the forums. I just sent you over an email so we can discuss this in private. I don't want to run the risk of you sharing personal information here so let's continue the conversation via email. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ref: FZV-68552-546

• veit
    veit
    Community Member

Allow me to tack on to this discussion, since I had the same problem "ready-only mode-click here to buy", which I could fix according to your instructions above. I must have bought 1PW from Agile Bits eons ago (when I switched from Roboform) and have been an extremely happy user ever since.

BUT:
    With the 1PW 6 for Mac downloaded from AgileBits: when I click
    About 1PW: I get this notice: 1PW6, version 6.6.1 (661010), Agile Bits Store
    License: Thank your for supporting 1PW; License 1PW for Mac; name: my first and last name; Purchased 8 October 2014; this license can be used by 5 people on as many Macs as needed.
    When I then click on "Find Licence..." I get to the URL: https://agilebits.com/home/licenses; when I enter my email address I receive an email, but only with OLD Licences: 1. for 1PW3 for Mac, and 2. 1PW for Windows; none for 1PW6 :-(((

Perhaps you could look into this and let me know the Licence # for 1PW6.

All the best and thanks in advance. Veit

• Hi @veit - Thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to locate your standalone license for 1Password 6. Sorry for the troubles. I sent you a copy via email so let us know if you didn't receive it or have any additional questions. Enjoy the rest of your day!

• veit
    veit
    Community Member

Thanks, Frank, for the incredibly fast response and the email with the Licenses. BUT the email only contains the OLD two licences as mentioned above, NOT the License for 1PW6. What to do?

• Hi veit - Hmmm... thank you for letting me know. I will send you over an email now with your license information for 1Password 6. If you have any additional questions, reply back to me over there so we keep the conversation in one place :-)

Have a great day!

ref: CZP-37164-547

• veit
    veit
    Community Member

Thank you very much, Frank. I got your email with the license, much appreciated.
    This is in the best tradition, which the cofounder of AgileBits, David Teare, established many years ago, when he answered personally to requests for support. Congratulations for running such a user-friendly support system.
    Thanks and cheers,
    Veit Burger

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @veit! On behalf of Frank, you're welcome! If you need anything else, just let us know. We're here to help! :)

• benjreinhart
    benjreinhart
    Community Member

Hey there, I'm having the same problem. I just installed 1password 6.6.2 from the Mac app store and I see the "Read-only mode. Click here to buy" in 1password mini for Chrome. I clicked on my email from when I first purchased 1password (a while ago) and downloaded the license which appeared to work but 1password mini still has the "Read-only" message. Do I need another license for 1password 6+? If so, are you able to send me one?

Thanks,

Ben

• Hi @benjreinhart - Sorry for the confusion. Since you purchased a standalone license from our website in the past. You want to install 1Password from our website here - https://1password.com/downloads/

I sent you over a copy of your standalone license in a separate email for your records. The Mac App Store version is no compatible with your standalone license which is why it's in read-only mode. You can to make sure you continue to use the version from our website. My apologies again for any confusion and let me know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• Mitchkuhn
    Mitchkuhn
    Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue. I purchased 1 password from the mac store, but also had version 3 through your website. My 1 password program is stuck in read only. Help please.

Also, I can't login to the website because it keeps asking me for an account key that I don't have.

Thanks,
    Mitch

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mitchkuhn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! There are a few issues here, but it's pretty straightforward. First, if you purchased 1Password through the AgileBits Store, Apple won't validate your purchase for the Mac App Store version. 1Password 6 also isn't a free upgrade from 1Password 3. With regard to the Account Key, this is only used with a 1Password.com membership. However, you can subscribe to get access to the latest version of all of the apps, the web interface, and not have to deal with license management or sync configuration — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data, so that eliminates all of the issues you're having:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Mitchkuhn
    Mitchkuhn
    Community Member

Thank you. I have a license for 1 Password 5 for Mac. I don't know why it is only showing 3 online. I can send you the info directly, just let me know how to do that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@Mitchkuhn: That's all I'm seeing too. If you used a different email address or purchased from Apple it wouldn't show up in that case though. I'll shoot you an email so we can get more information.

ref: IZU-16911-635

• kjslaven
    kjslaven
    Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. I found a brief workaround to the issue by reinstalling from an old download, but I'm back to read only again. Probably because there was just an update in the from the App Store yesterday. I don't think the e-mail address that I just registered this account with is the same one that my 1password account is associated with though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kjslaven: Indeed, if you've purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to install the app using the correct Apple ID. Similarly, if you purchased from the AgileBits Store, that isn't valid for the Mac App Store version. In either case, be sure to check your records and use the appropriate version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.